Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Curse Overriding

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by OldSkoolGamer, Mar 19, 2004.

1. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

Curse Overriding

Ah, the memories of 1.09. I remember being the only Necromacer in just about every cow game. It was a nice feeling. The only thing that would override my curse was the odd Amazon using Atma's Scarab. Sure there were Barbarians with Doombringers, but since Whirlwind didn't set it off it wasn't really a concern.

Welcome to 1.10. Now, I don't really mind Dracul's Grasp. The Life Tap can save your comrad Wolf or Zealot from a Soul/Gloam which in turn means that you still have a tank in front of you. The gloves I have a problem with are the Soul Drainers. More to the point Soul Drainers on a Multishot Zon.

+90-120% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    4-7% Mana Stolen Per Hit (varies)
    4-7% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
    -50 To Monster Defense Per Hit
    8% Chance To Cast Level 3 Weaken On Striking

WHY WEAKEN?

Mad Mantis, back me up here. Have you ever been in a game with a MS Drainer Zon? It's just terrible.

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The first time I saw a MS Drainer Zon I wrote a mail to Blizz. Didn't get a response. I am convinced they made these gloves to annoy the Necro. Blizz hates our beloved class.

3. ElvishLegion

ElvishLegion Banned

Mad: Yes blizz hates us, so what

To get around the weaken always cast your curses AS SOON AS weaken is cast, I dont care if its another necro or a zon using the golves or what, decrep/dim/amp/life tap, they are all more useful than weaken, why is weaken even a skill?

Elvish

4. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Also extremely annoying are necro's that cast IM on monsters with elemental damage, while 2 barbarians are whacking at them, screaming for amp :grrr:

5. Mad Mantis

It isn't. It is a bug that they can't get out of the code. I believe it has since gained consciousness, became self aware and is studying for Mime.

6. JCX

JCX IncGamers Member

Yeah, with the recent swell of new necros there are so many cases of idiotic curse usage. I was playing an 8 player hell game and there were no melee fighters except one necro's 8 skellies. I was using LR to help the sorcies as well as it helps CE, sorta kills 2 birds with one stone. This other necro keeps dropping amp to help his minions. Now I love skellies, but come on. In an 8 player game with no might merc, even with amp they aren't going to do much against Baal's minions. :cheesy:

7. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

I had the opposite experience while trying to help two barbs through, of all places, the Den of Evil. I was casting Amp for them and my skellis. The barbs were swinging away and hitting very little, while my skellis were hacking away. They became very indignant and asked me the following questions:

necro, do u have revive? theyre good

necro, use im. (I asked, "why?", and the response? "its good")

necro, where is blood golem?

Yikes. I tried to tell them about the patch and the changes for necros, but it was hopeless. I left the game, hoping that they could at least learn the hard way.

Anyway, it's good to see this thread has returned. While playing in hell act2 sewers, a boner kept overriding my Amp with Decrep, but he had a low level curse. It would only cover half the monsters, so he would spam it like crazy. I started using attract on burning dead archers to draw ranged fire from our melee players, who were getting surrounded since the monsters weren't dying fast enough. The boner then cast decrep on the attracted monsters over and over trying to override the attract. Apparently, he got frustrated with the problem he created, so he ran ahead of the barb and druid towards the burning dead archers and fired off two or three BS's. My attract then wore off, and all the archers turned and fired at him, killing him instantly. I admit that I hope that would happen, so I could be free to handle this myself. I recast attract and cast Amp. With the help of my merc's might arua, the barb and druid made short work of the archers.

Post-1.10 this is a recurring gripe. This, I thought, was a typical experience.

8. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

decrep has a low radius no matter what level the skill is :(

some people don't realize that decrep is only for "special" occasions, such as extra fast aura enchants, or bosses.

My worst experience with a newbiemancer was when one kept overriding my amp with WEAKEN, of all things. "So that my skellingtons don't take much damge"

I'm going to go hostile if I see a necro amping a stone skinned ghost.

*kicks newbiemancers in their shins*

9. GordusMxus

GordusMxus IncGamers Member

Vampiremancer Noobzor

I was in a hell Baal game and when the minions were finished a couple of us went in to work on Baal, including a lvl ** Vampire whose two favorite skills were revive and bonewall. No merc, no golem, no skells, I swear this guy did not fling a single curse. I did all the cursing for the team, and what does this guy do just before Baal popped? He throws a couple bonewalls across the bridge locking me out of the prizes. Idiot.
    Another D2.items.com success story!!!

10. Necrochild313

Doesn't sound like he'll know what to do with those items either.

"Hmm... I think I'll put this vex rune in my mercs helm, so his weapon drains more mana. Then the monsters can't use speels."

11. Mad Mantis

NC you is teh genieus. I am go to do thz rihgt now!!111!!

12. Necrochild313

Why thank you MM

:bow:

just noone else read my post above ok?

I don't want my secret getting around

13. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Honest truth. Month ago I was in a Baal run with a Necro using Weaken and Blood Golem

14. Mad Mantis

Must......restrain......Bone Fist of Annihilation!

15. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Where are these people? I mean, these barbs are the worst I've experienced.

Weaken AND a Blood Golem?

That's it. I'm making an impalezon.