Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Curse and ES?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Lyndis, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

Curse and ES?

Now, I know that ES absortion is calculated before resists (which is why ES sorcs acn ignore all resists except poison), but what about sutff like Amplify damage?

I'm guessing since Amp directly affects the sorc's damage reduction percentage, which is calculated after ES again, that means whether or not a sorc is cursed, her mana used to take a blow is still the same. It's just the small amount of damage that gets through afterwards will get increased? and I think since straight Dr gets calculated before % DR, if the damage that gets thru is negated completely by DR, then the Amp will do nothing since there is 0 damage left to hurt the sorc's -100% damage resist. Is that correct?

If so, then cursed monsters and Lower resist means nothing to an ES sorc.

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Amp Damage/Decrepify and Lower Resist/Conviction are applied to the sorc's physical and elemental resistances after ES absorption and straight PDR and MDR.

So yes, if enough damage is absorbed by ES, and any remaining damage is nullified by PDR and MDR, then the sorc takes no additional damage even when Amp'ed, Decrepified, LR'ed or Convicted.

3. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member