Spirit Monach
Wiz Spike
Trangs Gloves
Goblin Toe
Noserfatoes coil
Natures Peace
Raven (15)
Maras (29)

Now my question is, how can I go abouts to making this guy a good uber killer?

Right now I'm a decent key runner but I tried one portal and Lillith murdered me!

So what should I socket my equiptment with and change around?

Keep in mind I'm 1 rune away (a mal) from a Last Wish Phase Blade.

Should I invest into a Fort armor? or Get Drac's gloves?

I also just found a nice Jewelers Sacred Rondache of the Wolf (4 os - 39 all res - 17 life) what would be good to socket into this shield? 4 PDiamonds? 4 Um's? Max Dmg Jewels?

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
Zmiters work very well because of their life steal. Hammerdins have more trouble and take a great deal of more skill to beat the ubers. If i could make a suggestion, I would make a 1 pt smiter or straight smiter for the ubers, even though 1 point worked fine for me. You seem rich enough to make a zmiter without any trouble.

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Zsmiter? Just a hoz smiter?

I'm not exactly rich, it will take me like a week or two to gather everything I need for a new build but I'll get there before the reset hehe

Oh wait Zealot Smiter?!

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah. Any paladin with Holy Shield also has Smite, because it is a prerequisite. A zealer can leech massive amounts of life (1k per hit @ 4 frames per attack=several hits per second) and can smite once life tap is cast. A paladin that utilizes both Zeal and Smite is a zmiter.:grin:

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
No need to rebuild. Your main problem is that you have no source of Life Tap. Just put on Drac's and you should be fine. If you still have trouble, shop a Life Tap wand and cast that before charging into battle.

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
just made a Last Wish Phase Blade (330%...but 69% Crushing blow!)

I don't use smite a lot when I run for keys so I think I'll just keep my wiz spike on for key running but I'll switch to LW when fighting ubers.

I'm going to keep stuffing P Diamonds into my Sacred Rondache until I come across a HoZ and I'll probably need to buy a call to arms (why are mal runes so hard to come by?!)

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm just found a Storm Shield, think that would be a wise choice against the ubers?

My damage goes down, my res goes down, but my uhh blocking goes up a bit, and so does my defense.... i don't think it's worth it at all

kohlman

Diabloii.Net Member
You also get massive physical damage reduction from stormshield, which can be a lifesaver. I use Exile/HoZ but Exile seems to be a little expensive =\ but it can have good resists and a massive boost to defense