Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Culmination of a Career in Diablo II - Ãœber Diablo

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Angel_Dusted, May 11, 2005.

1. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Culmination of a Career in Diablo II - Ãœber Diablo

So here I am, 4 o'clock or so and I start seeing the SoJ counter. I've just recently acquired an enigma (built by me, so it's not poofing any time soon) and my Hammerdin is at the top of his game though he doesn't have a HoTo or Mara's yet...oh well.
    Regardless, I wait for an hour, which turns into two, which then turns into three and it's 7 o' clock :rolleyes: . By now I would have done an hour's worth of homework, but this is just too rare to miss. The counter creeps by one by one, then by the twos, and, finally, when over 60 of these items are sold my friend and I, who has been patiently waiting with me this whole time when both of us have better things to do, hear the distinctive rumbling..."Diablo Walks the Earth".
    Damned tough. There's really no other way to describe the Diablo Clone, and it takes a full 5 minutes, even with hammer damage pushing 10k and a Barbarian's Battle Orders and Prevent Monster Heal, to kill the damned thing, but it falls, and oh how sweet the rewards were. 17 to all Attributes, 20 Resistance to All, and 8% Experience. Hell yeah. :lol:
    Guess you're wondering why I posted this in the Statistics section, and you would do well to question its placement, so let's get some numbers in here...what on earth are the odds that this would happen :p ? With all the SoJs, the number of IPs for USEast, and the time it took for this to happen what would you estimate it as? Additionally, if the urge comes, write about your first experience with Ãœber Diablo, or a time in which your luck surpassed what you would consider reasonable. Write away :clap:

2. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

Congratulations! You are a far more patient man/woman than me!

I have watched the counter tick for an hour...two...but never longer. I've completed every stage in hell waiting for that to occur. I think that once I can spawn the D Clone, I will quit - it would be the only thing in Diablo I have not done! Sadly - I dismantled my pally, so killing him now would be tough!

that being said - the odds are staggering against the clone coming...you have to be on the right server, at the right time...and then wait! Of course, you could use a IRC to find the 'hot' server, but that's like shooting fish in a barrel with a fish-finder as a guide... :)

I've got no idea of a number on your odds - but good on ya for sticking in there! :clap:

3. Ter

Ter IncGamers Member

in the first ladder season (when he was spawning more often)

I was doing some quick magic finding runs (pindle/Eldritch) in hell with my sorceress and on my second one of the day...I just enter the game take the fridgid waypoint and RUMMMMMMMBLE...
    Diablo walks the earth and spawns right then and there as I'm running to kill who I expected to be eldritch...

obviously it turned out to be a little tougher battle...but my now non ladder Sorceress still has that anni :)

(the only one I still have)

4. squarewolf

squarewolf IncGamers Member

the first time i saw him (prob gonna be the last) was when 1.10 came out. i was some crappy zon questing through act1 when i saw the prompt. i was jumping through waypoints trying to find the sucker and there he was running on all fours on GRASS! not in a dark corridor with a pentagram and lava--grass. i had to be like two screens away from him from being a 1 hit kill, me and this barb running around like mad. then a high level pally came and smoked him seconds. he took the loot and popped out. he wasn't a hammerdin for sure and i bet his gear was imppressive. thinking zealot...vengeance.

5. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I hunt DClone regularly and he's not too much of a problem once you have good characters to kill him. My Hammerdin that I created beginning of season 2 takes him down in maybe 2 mins while my new lvl 92 zealot and lvl 97 Fury Druid can both do it in about 30 seconds if not less. First time I faced him was in season 1 and I was questing with my trapper when I got the message. Unfortunately, I was not prepared so he smoked every single char I brought into game except the hammerdin who managed to dent him a bit .. after like 10 mins, he was dead. I've had the clone bug ever since then and try to kill him at least once a week if only to make me feel better ^_^

--T

6. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Man :p
    Or a boy...sophomore in High School :uhhuh:
    Good stuff that, I have technically seen the message before...but I was level 67 with a fairly weak hammerdin and there was a level 98 in the game. Poor bugger was smoked instantly, but, ironically, the hammerdin was killed (after taking the anni :( ) by a Fallen - that must have hurt more then the Annihilus helped :p . Anyways, you have made me feel utterly inferior Hakai - 30 secs versus 5 minutes :eek: . My buddy (the 86 Barb) got burned to a crisp several times...he doesn't like running in anything other than a straight line and he was lagging :p
    As far a scenery goes, he spawned in the circle of stones right next to Rakinishu, so, while it was dark and raining, he was raining fire down from the sky - that +1 black lizardy thing = very cool.
    Well, I have the most valuable item I've ever owned in the game, so that rocks as far as I'm concerned :cool:

On a side not I'm having too much fun with the forum's smiles...

7. alexzed

alexzed IncGamers Member

Hakai - do you hunt using the IRC method, or just happen to see a lot of 'xxx SOJ's sold' and wait in the game?

Actually - same question to all who have killed him - was it in a multiplayer game, or a p/w single player realm game?

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

I'm an operator on the DClone irc channel so I use this to track SoJ sales. The last walk on USWest was ip 165 3around 3 days ago which I had to camp for 3 days on 2 games. Was worth the two annis though ;)

Anyway, I never clone hunt in MP games. I always make my own private games.

--T