Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cubing Charms

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Muffassa, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Cubing Charms

OK, I have a charm that atma says is level 99 - probably dropped by Baal in 1.09 or something. anyway, I have been cubing it trying to get some cool stats, and the best I can ever do is 15-27 cold damage or something like that. (what I want is a 100+ poison damage).

Ive seen lots of strange cubes come out (+1 min damage, level 77 requirement) and I am wondering if it is still worth cubing or if I should move on to another charm.

Thanks for your advise. I think it is a +1 dex charm right now, but It never coughs up any really good mods. :rant:

2. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

There is a really good post on this, dang I wish I could remember where I saw it. Strategy forum maybe. Someone help. It basically listed all the levels of the attributes you could want and so you could either run the area where those attributes would be imbued to a charm or cube one from those areas. I think you are correct though about the poison needing to be a high charm lvl.

3. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

You probably mean this page.

4. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Lvl 99 charm is from 1.10 Baal. You can cube a lvl 99 charm to 175 Poison damage and a second mod like life, or like someone else said he got a 455 poison charm.

Personaly I cubed a few 175 PD / 19 life sc, but the highest small poison charm I cubed was 383 poison over 10sec.

By the way, I wouldn't settle for anything less than 175 PD on a lvl 99 charm, no matter how many gems it took. A word of warning, it seemed a lot easier to cube charms in 1.09 than 1.10. Lat time I tried to cube one I wasted almost two mules and got a plain 7% mf.

That really sucked!

Takis (El_Greco)

5. Muffassa

thanks guys for your help. I guess that means I should keep rolling it until I get some uber sweet charm. Whish me luck!! :thumbsup:

6. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

How does this charm cubbing work? I just checked all the cube options, but I could not find one with charms.

7. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Charms like this are possible (1.09 Nih)

Pestilent Small Charm of Good Luck
    Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
    Required Level: 80
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 98
    Fingerprint: 0xef9776db
    +175 poison damage over 6 seconds
    7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

8. Muffassa

stick a charm (any) in the cube with 3 perfect jems (any - including skulls) and you will get a new charm (same size) with different stats. The charms original level corresponds to the level of the character you found it from - so if you get a small charm off of Hell Baal with +1 defense, don't throw it away. Cube it to possibly get some reaaly cool mods!! :clap:

Then post them hear and brag about them a lot :lol:

9. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

I have found not cubed a Pestilent LC of Pestilence. Cant remember the exact pooison damage but its pretty unreal.

10. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Try this one http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/ I couldn't find the page I referenced earlier it was like the one that Zharezz listed, but more information still. The calculator should be pretty good.

11. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

while attempting to cube some skiller charms (using charms between lvl 55 and 70) I got several +100 PD GC. I'm no expert, but I believe the trick is to use a charm right at the level of the mod you want, in order to cut down on the number of random possibilities you don't want.

12. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I basicly need charms with high item lvls, right? Do they have to be the "grand" version too?

13. Muffassa

nope, for awesome poison charms, look for small. Grand charms can get +skills though (small cant). the type of charm used should correlate to the type of stats you want to see. :buddies:

14. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm just confused about this, but I thought that the item level of the charm went down every time it is re-cubed. What made me think this?

15. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

You are probably thinking of the old 3 chipped gems + sword recipe which reset the ilvl to 30.

--T

16. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

If you all are going to cube charms and use up all your hard earned jewels, make sure the charm you're using is high level, preferably from Baal (lvl 99).

Maybe you can roll one of these:

Pestilent Small Charm of Vita
    Fingerprint: 0x5f900344
    +19 to Life

Pestilent Small Charm of Anthrax
    Fingerprint: 0xc741799b
    +383 poison damage over 10 seconds

Pestilent Small Charm of Burning
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 99
    Fingerprint: 0x62928220
    Adds 3-6 fire damage

By the way, the first two were from Nihl 1.09

Takis (El_Greco)

17. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

This page leaves out some very important information about small charms. Notably, that only SCs with an ilvl above 93 can get the very highest mods, or at least that was the case in 1.09. That means that only Baal and Nihlathak could drop small charms of this caliber (ilvl95 and ilvl98 in 1.09 respectively). I know other people have said the same thing, but it seemed worth while to make it really clear.

You can get small charms with ilvl99 in another place: in 1.07, any items dropped from chests or urns and the like in Nihlathak's lair were ilvl98 (halls of pain) or 99 (halls of anguish, Halls of Vaught). I might have the pain and anguish reversed.

If you cube a small charm with cold damage like you mention (or with excessive lightning damage- say 60+) there are lots of people including me who will trade you a 175+ poison charm for it. Assuming you have any perfect gems left at this point. :surprise: