Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cubed Runes and Gems

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jahgro, May 22, 2008.

1. Jahgro

Jahgro IncGamers Member

Cubed Runes and Gems

I played D2 a while back, and though i did get into it, I never got into it hardcore. Now reading some posts on these forums i see some people don't like cubed runes or gems. Is there a reason for this? is there even any way to tell which are cubed?

I cube everything i get. Is this not the best way to go? Any help in enlightening me would be great.

-Thanks.

2. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

Re: Cubed Runes and Gems

If you need a specific rune and have 2 or 3 of the rune below then its easy to cube up the run you want.

The problem is the rune needed grow exponentially so if you need to cube more a few runes its usually quicker to find the runes than to cube them.

3. LD50

LD50 IncGamers Member

There's no way of telling if a rune is cubed or not. I don't see why would someone not "like" them.. But as jjscud said, cubing is ok for up to mid-range runes maybe, but with higher runes it really doesn't matter if you cube them or not.

Someone calculated in some old thread that since you need something like a bajillion El's to cube a Zod, it would actually take more time to find those El's than it would to find that Zod.

And yes, I always keep all runes and cube them :smile:

4. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

If you want to cube a high rune with all the Els-Rals you find you will get Carpel tunnel syndrome before you get your high rune.

If you're planning a build and you need a Gul rune, and you happen to have a few spare Ists around, then cube away. It's just that cubing a Gul from low runes isn't practical.

Also, a lot of people frown on Hellforge rushed runes. Perhaps that is what you mean?

-hps

5. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

I keep all runes. I slowly cube the low runes into Ral's, while Ort's and Thul's I cube up to Amn's but stop there. Anything higher is only cubed when I need the higher rune.

6. LordHoth

LordHoth IncGamers Member

Same here. I usually keep even el's and whatnot. Where I fail is I'm usually far too lazy to cube them up. :rolleyes:

These are a couple of people with much more cubing patience then me(don't dig these up as they are very old and they are done/given up with these projects as far as I know):

friedbananazzzz's stupid idea thread - tried to cube as many low runes into HR's as possible, I gave some low runes and chippies to him just with the notion that I would be at least partially responsilbe for driving someone legally insane :evil:

ElMiko's Stupid Idea thread - tried to make every rune word in every iteration.

Not sure which is worse.....

7. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

I've been actually kind of doing that. I dont even dream about having all the high end stuff, but its still pretty nice to have all of the low and mid ones around. Looks nice in Flavie reports, too. :tongue:

8. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

My Stupid Idea is that I will have a full Flavie Report - every Set, Unique, Runeword, Rune, Gem, and Miscellaneous. Since I am completely self-found, this means I will have to find not one, but two Zod runes - three if I want to make a Hurty Stick like Liquid_Evil's (which I do).

I could be playing this game for a long time.