Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cube in dead body?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pliu, Sep 22, 2006.

1. pliu

pliu Banned

cube in dead body?

In one of the D-key run my barb died in WW lock and when I look at my inv my cube was gone and inv is full . I said where is my cube? I rejoin the game and pick up the body and can't pick up all the items there. I check my equipment they are all there. what in the body :scratch: . After clean some room in the inv. I pick up the body again. For my surprise it is the cube.
    Is this happened to other people?

2. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

hasn't happened to me .. i guess it's possible though - the game tries to pick up as much as possible from your body, and if it doesn't have room for the 2x2 cube, that'll be the only thing left on the body until you make room in the inventory and can pick it up?

3. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I think it shouldn't be happening.
    The equipment in your inventory will never drop unlss you drag them out of your inventory.
    Maybe you want some other expert's view...

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

When dying, you don't have the cube on the corpse because it's in your inventory or stash already. That's what's so strange about it.

Did you perhaps have it on your mouse cursor when the barb died ? I'm not sure what happens in such a case...

5. pliu

pliu Banned

I try to pick up a Grand charm in the ground and put it into the cube and for some reason my barb begin WW and ww locked and died. that may be the reason. when I open the cube I see the unid GC there.

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I think I have figured your story.
    You was trying to pick a GC up and put it into the cube. You had put GC in cube, but you have clicked on the cube again so you picked it on your cursor. And later you died.
    When that happens whatever on your mouse will either put it in your inventory or keep holding on the mouse cursor.
    Just my thoughts.

7. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Something like this happened to me before, but a little weirder.

I died with the cube on my cursor, and after that I couldn't pick my body up at all. Even when I didn't have anything on my body or in my inventory I just couldn't pick my body up. So my guy's corpse just followed me around in every game.

8. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

yup, if cube is on your mouse when you die, cube will be in your corpse

atma gives errors when cube is in sp corpse

9. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Ive died a few times like that...greedily trying to pick up a gc or jewel in amongst a huge pack before anyone else gets it :grin: only to have the monsters kill me because I stop swinging.
    Havent had the cube on cursor though ..but if you clicked on it again after storing the gc then died that would explain the situation

10. icesickle

icesickle IncGamers Member

i once dropped my hell act2 staff in a normal game and couldn't pick it up again.

Was truly annoyed with the idea that i have to manouvre through the whole of hell maggot's lair again.