Cube Glitching

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Does it work on armors only or everything else (helms, shields) too?

It works on helms and sheilds as well. With an incredibly good base eth vortex sheild and a good roll, it's possible to make an exile with 1800 defense.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Of course, the risk is that you will get a worthless one socket roll.

Be careful about posting anything about these "glitched" items in the trade forums here. Some in USWEST have been banned.:undecided:

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
"Armor" often refers to body armor, shields, and helms.
Wait, what Doofus? They could still be traded on East last I heard.

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
"Armor" often refers to body armor, shields, and helms.
Wait, what Doofus? They could still be traded on East last I heard.
It's up to the moderator. Shaperla does NOT like them. It's a good idea to send a PM to the mod if anyone's considering trading them here.

I'm fine with them over at the http://traders.diabloii.net/ site, though I've personally never come accross one worth trying.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
It's true. Shap banned a bunch of people for trading them a while ago.
Personally what I think about hacks/dupes, are that they are being modified by 3rd party programs/hackers or any form of modification instead of the game generated. But the glitched recipe in my opinion is generated by a bug in the game and it should be still generated by the game itself instead of a hacked item, etc. Personally I don't know why that kind of item get banned?
Just a thought, my comments have no offense, though.

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree with IntelligentX, just because bliz fixed a bug with eth armors and created another doesnt mean that we cant take advantage of it

but rules are rules, and breaking them can get you banned here

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
IntelligentX said:
Personally what I think about hacks/dupes, are that they are being modified by 3rd party programs/hackers or any form of modification instead of the game generated. But the glitched recipe in my opinion is generated by a bug in the game and it should be still generated by the game itself instead of a hacked item, etc. Personally I don't know why that kind of item get banned?
Just a thought, my comments have no offense, though.
I really don't know. As SirDoofuss said, it's up to the mod of that trade forum. I believe Shap also said that he PM'ed Elly about the matter a while back and she said that they are not to be traded. That's all from my own recollection though; don't quote me on that.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Regardless of whether they should be used from an ethical viewpoint, it's riduclous that mentioning them in one forum is a ban, and in another it's a deal.

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
I can see why Shaperla doesn't like them being traded in his forum though. It's an exploitation of a bug in the game to benefit one's own characters.
You might have to ask some of the higher-ups about it, since the rule seems to be rather inconsistent between forums.