Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CtC from switch bug/glitch

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by mir, Aug 7, 2018.

1. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Hi all,

Some time ago I read about a bug/glitch that allow you, while using throwing weapons or bows, to cast effects by quickly switching before the projectile hit the target.
    While the technique is cumbersome it's still allows some unintended uses like casting Amplify with Lacerator on switch or even static with Stormlash....

Not saying to use or not to use, just what do you think about this bug/glitch?

2. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

do you still get CtC from the bow?

Could I make an Ice/Destruction Strafer?

3. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

EDIT: You get ctc from switch. About Ice/Destruction I have no idea, I'm not using RWM.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  4. Fruit

Fruit Diabloii.Net Member

it isn't a bug, CtC just works like that. could be an oversight, though.
    and it's ancient, too: ever since CtC was added to the game (1.07 I think), this has worked the way it does.

it worked very effectively as amazon with (on switch) 5% ctc amplify damage on striking, when pierce worked with guided arrow in 1.09, and when every Multiple Shot arrow still applied all effects (rather than only the first two arrows).
    you'd fire a few arrows, switch, and it was basically a guaranteed amp-dmg cast.

good times :cool:

5. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

oh ya, I've been suggesting this for bowazons for years. I use it in 1.07 for CRUSHING BLOW applied to the already broken LF bolts.
    titan's and then either coldsteel eye (slow, CB) or cranium basher (more CB) make a great choice.

In 1.13 you can use lacerator on switch which I did for awhile when I was running Eldritch (lol) in 2012 with my bowazon (still not dead)