Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CTA in bow??

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Lensor, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Lensor

Lensor Banned

CTA in bow??

I was just wondering if anyone ever use CTA in a bow, as a proper weapon (not just for the bo). For instance, CTA in a +3 MB/GMB looks sweet on paper at least. (+3bow +1 all, 7%ll, 40%ias, lots of ED etc).

I suppose it would be a kind of expensive weapon, but if anyone had the ohm to spare, how good/bad would it be compared to wf, faith, wws etc??

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

could be interesting. however, if you look at botd, its not much more expensive (2 hr for botd, 1 hr + ist + mal for cta) and the mods are much better. almost double ed, 20 extra ias, dual leech etc.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This seems like a total waste of an Ohm rune, especially when an upgraded Lycander's has almost exactly the same stats, without the BO and stuff of course.

4. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i have one in a 15% +3 gmb...you could consider this a very nice end game bow...when my zon is properly equipped i don't notice too much difference in killing speed between this and any of the other high end bows...be prepared for nasty comments from the mher's...believe me you will hear alot of "what a waste noob" comments...even more so when you carrying around a botd crusader...this is a nice bow that gets even better when you add in the BO

5. PoorCobbler

PoorCobbler IncGamers Member

i cant ever bare to but a zod into a non eth item, and since bows cant be eth its a pain :(

6. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

I can almost swear I've seen at least one eth bow somewhere...

7. superdave

only in our dreams...you will never see one

8. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I am playing a Hybrid Amazon at the moment.

I am quite intrigued with the Idea of a Call to Arms Grand Matron Bow.

- I plan on going the Dexterity route
    - The Battle Orders would help raise my hit points.

What is your equipment selection?

9. superdave

my cta strafer is a pure dex build she uses

dusk fortitude
    andies socketed with ias/max jewel
    crafted hitpower gloves...20 ias/ml/stats or loh
    nos coil
    rf
    rare ml ring with high fire resist + stats
    gores
    highlords

total ias is 125 i believe...a gmb needs 120 to shoot 9/2...if made in a mat bow you could strafe 8/2 with only 80 ias....leaves equip options more open

10. ArchAngel Tiberrius

The only problem with this is that I am making a Hybrid, so the bow side has to compliment the Javelin side.

I was planning on using Windforce and Multi-shot for the bow side. I will look for the weapon speed tables for a GMB and Multi-shot.

Thank you for the information.

11. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

He probaly saw one back in 1.09.. bugged ith ethereal hydra
    bows existed on europe.

12. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

CTA in a bow is stylish to say the least especially in a +3 bow and crossbow skills amazon specific bow.

Thats +5 bow skills, on your weapon and +2 magic/passive skills. The added oskills are cool as well, imagine a maxed valk with BO, you wouldn't even need to be attacking in order to PvM.

I have considered making a CTA in an amazon specific bow, but in single player the runes are far too rare.

13. Shlongor

Shlongor IncGamers Member

Europe and USWest got all the insane buggeds I guess. All I remember are vanilla Iths and Athena's wrath armor.

14. superdave

i had my cta zon running pits in public games last night...had to mute a few mhers but one guys comment made up for all the nasties i have heard to date...i should have taken a screeny...."oh nelly...boffo weapon your zon is shooting ....i could lay down and worship at that goddesses feet" and then a few "i'm not worthies"

15. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

This means I was dreaming when I played 1.09. Bugged ethereal venom bows anyone?

16. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

But u only get +4 to bow and crossbow skills and +1 to passive skills since CTA has +1 to all skills when using a GMB with +3 to bow and crossbow and 5 sockets!

Faith still deals more damage than CTA made in a GBM, more attack rating bonus, resist, and many more.
    CTA can be made in other type of weapon like crystal sword, used on switch on an amazon (or other characters) and when using andy + wartravelers + nosferatu u can even use cta + spirit on switch (spirit adds +2 to all skills eg 2 more levels for BC and BO).

So what you chose? Style or more damage? Damage is top priority imo!

/Dec

17. ArchAngel Tiberrius

You get +5 after using Battle Command. Don't think it would last long enough to be useful however.

18. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Oops missed that! U are right! :D Thought only the skills that add from the weapon and not after the "shouting"...i need more coffee...to early in the morning for me! :D
    Yeah the duration of BC will no be enough! Just recast all the time! :p

Do you think that CTA is better to make in a GMB Arch? I think this option is a waste of OHM rune! CTA in crystal or flai is a much, much better option!

/Dec

19. ArchAngel Tiberrius

I am finishing my day here...need bourbon! :D

It would annoy me to no end to have to recast it every 60 seconds or so.

Well. Regarding our other conversation ;) I find CtA to be a waste of an Ohm anyway. I think placing it in a Grand Matron Bow is quite different, and could be reasonable considering the character would be able to invest more points into Dexterity.

Added to that the Bow (and therefore the runeword) is being used as a main attack (sort of like placing it in a Beserker Axe).

Personally, I am not overly convinced about the runeword itself without factoring in what to put it in.

20. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

So u are a bourbon fan! Guess than that u live on east coast or west of USA!;)

Single malt whiskey is much much better! :D Ohh the scottish highlands... :rolleyes:

Ok back to topic now!

If u think that making CTA is a waste of ohm rune then dont make the runeword! Save the rune if u have it! Trade your stuff for a Jah rune and make FAITH! You will not be dissapointed! Of course the downside is getting a jah rune...but maybe on the american realms they are cheap cheap cheap!
    Not like on the europe realms! Seems like for the price for one Jah rune on Europe realms u get 3 Jah runes on american realms...seems like the yankees like to dupe a lot!!! :D

/Dec