Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CTA for a Zon Question? Experienced Zons needed

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by terps4life, Mar 29, 2004.

1. terps4life

terps4life IncGamers Member

CTA for a Zon Question? Experienced Zons needed

I want to make a CTA for my zon however I am not sure what kind of weapon to make it in. Strength is not an issue however Faster Block Rate(FBR) is. I don't want to put the CTA in a 1-handed swinging weapon b/c the block rate is so much slower. So is there any other option i can use to make a CTA for my zon besides a 1-handed swinging weapon??? I was thinkin maybe a flail but wasnt sure if that fell into the same class. They defined a 1-hand swinging weapon below: Check this out:

Faster Block Rate Break Points

Amazon 1-handed swinging weapons1)
    Block Frames
    17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
    FBR: 0 4 6 11 15 23 29 40 56 80 120 200 480 - - - -

Amazon Other weapons
    Block Frames
    17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
    FBR: - - - - - - - - - - - - 0 13 32 86 600

1) 1-handed swinging weapons include 1-handed axes, clubs, 1-handed maces, orbs, scepters, 1-handed swords, 2-handed swords wielded in one hand, throwing axes, and wands.

2. Kirsty

Kirsty The Order of Dii Guild Member

The only weapons with which you would have a fast blocking speed are javelins and daggers. Flails are Mace class.

3. Sniper Wolf

Sniper Wolf IncGamers Member

how does this work.. iwas wondering that myself

4. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

Most people I see uses CTA for the BO/BC bonuses and switch back to their fav weapon after that.

5. jren

jren IncGamers Member

my zon is a PVP hybridzon. keep that in mind.

I am purely just giving an alternative. I would NOT recommend the following however, it was just something i wanted for fun and just another option to put out onto the table.

For 1st switch,
    - i have a eth titans with ss which is my primary weapon.
    2nd switch
    - i have a +6 BO CTA mat bow (+3 to all zon skills, i think there are a couple other things on it, but the only thing i am sure of is the +3 skills :lol: )

1) it took me a few tries to get the +6 BO (yup, i had to hel it then socket it again :yawn: ) and had to pay alot to get runes back. In other words, it was very expensive.
    2) it took me a long time to get the 5 sock Mat bow.
    3) it prolly sux trade value wise.

----
    again the whole reason i did this was for fun. i have a 398 botd bow but i keep the cta on just because:
    1)i think its cool
    2) so i could actually use the CTA in a duel (opposed to using some CTA ettin axe or sabre BOing myself, go back to town, and switch back to bow)
    3) Mainly because i only use it as a secondary option when i pvp. I only use guided to chase down ppl that tele around and to lure them closer to me. Also, i have stacked psn which annoys the hell out of ppl for some reason.

6. Kirsty

The working is as following (realigning the tables)
    Code:
    Block Frames
           17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10  9  8  7   6   5   4  3  2  1
    Swing   0  4  6 11 15 23 29 40 56 80 120 200 480  -  -  -  -
    Thrust  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -   -   0  13 32 86 600
    An amazon using a swinging weapon such as a sword or a mace will have a blocking animation that takes 17 frame animations to complete. 25 frames is just over 1 second so 17 frame blocking means it takes about 0.7 seconds to block. After those 0.7 seconds you can move/attack again.
    When your shield has "Faster Block Rate" you lower this blocking animation by several frames. Suppose the amazon has 30% then the animation length will be lowered to 11 frames, taking only about 0.4 seconds to complete the blocking animation.
    An amazon using a dagger or a javelin (Thrust) will block for only 5 frames, thus the animation takes only 0.2 seconds. A big difference.

7. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Thank you Kirsty :) I just learnt something useful today. Any future plans for a sword or axe weilding Zon are abandonned on that information alone.

8. Kirsty

You can do pretty well with them though, as long as you invest into Faster block rate. Don't forget that druids have bad blocking too and they fare well enough with one-handed weapons. For an amazon wielding swinging weapons I recommend the usage of Guardian Angel armor (30% Faster block rate) and a decent shield to get to either the 9 or 8 frame block speed. With a customised shield you can even get to 7 frames (jeweler's shield of deflection + 3 shaels + 1 open socket option + guardian angel)