Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

CS Runs 101

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Still-Xey-Lover, May 18, 2008.

1. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

CS Runs 101

Okeeee so i'm making a trapsin with the purpose of first dropping baal, doing CS runs and pits. I feel like there aren't too many variable threats in pits/baal but i forget the exact dangers of CS runs. Before i plan her gear i just wanna make sure i have all the bases covered. I don't think i'll be going max block, so i'll need lots of fhr and DR. Besides this, should i wear hotspurs and tgods (or wisp) to prevent a freak-accident from happening, and what is the ideal fcr bp to reach for tele'ing? Thanks in advance, pz out.

2. dwaasjetuw

dwaasjetuw IncGamers Member

Re: CS Runs 101

i think the only thing special you might need in CS is dwarfstar for the pitlords and diablo. Cs is a joke really. When you tele on top of D he doesnt do anything special. He uses his lightning hose which always misses and sometimes he does the firewave or firestorm. But that is like 1 in 10 games.

As for firstdropping baal, are you clearing/teleporting to throne with the assa? if you re clearing then you only need tgods, if you re teleporting id go max block with a lot of DR+tgods.

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

D can be killed by a trapper without even seeing him and even faster with an LR wand. Only "fear" might be the Pitlords they are fast as hell and can be an issue but if you have corpses when you spawn then they die quick. The Finger Mages are LI but breakable with wand or CEable if you pop soon enough to have bodies. Desies is LI but a pussy without friends. Biggest issue is IM and keeping a Merc alive if you need him and the occasional random boss might be LI.....bulk is all CI and FI, run in packs and blow up fast!

The River can have LI Finger Mages and Knights. I personally run the river when the spawn is right but dont even bother if there are LIs, they never group up for DS and it sucks.

I dont do Baals solo as a Trapper it just has never been worth doing to me so no comment.

4. Still-Xey-Lover

Alright danke. If i do use enigma on the sin, do you recommend trying to tele around with high fcr or just using it for occasional tele's?

5. dwaasjetuw

dwaasjetuw IncGamers Member

without max block i would just use tele to relocate merc/shadow

6. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

^I agree with that. You can just use it to port to Chaos from River, and to get your Merc back to you or away from IM'ing himself. Arach/Mages should give you decent FCR or something like that, not super fast, but still enough.

Although, if you go C/C, good block wouldn't be hard to get, and you could get a higher LS then Hoto/Spirit or the likes.

7. Still-Xey-Lover

thanks for the advice. I think i am going to use spirit/hoto, tgods, dwarf, raven, 3 trap 20 str ammy, enigma, shako, mages or bfists and treks.

8. Still-Xey-Lover

alreeeght so i revised the build, this is the last time i bother you guys :p : shako, 3 trap 20 str ammy, hoto, pdia SS, wwalks, soj, raven, arach and LoH. On switch i'll have a wizzy to replace hoto for longer teles such as river to cs. This will grant 80 max fire res which will be stacked with LoH, max block, CBF, and max DR cap (or close to it i think?).

9. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Running fade?

10. Still-Xey-Lover

it'll be more like a jog :p, but yeah i'm definitely using fade because of no maras.