CS Hammerdin Guide

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
CS Hammerdin Guide

This char is not cheap. This char is effective in all places but i'm just specializing in cs. cs is chaos sanctuary.

okay stats
Str-None
Dex-None
Vit-Rest
Ene-None
The none to str and dex sounds scary right? I told you this char is not cheap.

Skills
20 Blessed hammer
20 Concentration
20 Vigor
20 Blessed Aim
1 Holy Bolt
1 Defiance
1 Cleansing
1 Prayer
1 Blessed Aim
1 Might
1 Holy Shield
1 Charge
** points-12 skill points=Level 76
Rest of the points can go into holy shield if you don't have max block
Or might if there is another hammerdin with higher concentration

Equipt-You have to be Rich Rich Rich
Weap-+2 all skills, +3 battle hammer +3 concentration with replenish and 20 fcr and 40 fr and 40 lr
Armor-Armor with 24 fhr -30 req and high life 40+ with resists higher than 20 socketed with a P Ruby
Helm-Helm with 10 fhr low req and 30+ life with resists higher than 20 socketed with a P Ruby
Ammy-+2 10 fcr 10+ str 20 resist all with fire or lightning resist stacked
Shield-+2 17/30/20 20 resist all with stacked fire and lightning, -30 req, socketed with a P Diamond
Gloves-Magefist
Rings-rings are probably most expensive
10 fcr 10+str tri resist with life
Belt-24 fhr 20 str 60 life with resists over 20
Boots-Hotspurs

This will be the richest char on ladder.

End results at 90
Str-Around 50
Dex-Base
Vit-460+
Energy-Base

Blessedhammer and Concentration-29
Synergies-26
6 to all skills
70 fcr
Max resists with 90 fire
Max block
Over 12k Hammers

Average Gear
Weap-Shard
Helm-Same without socket
Armor-Same without socket
Ammy-Same without fcr and +1 instead of +2 and 20 dex instead of str
Shield-Same without stacked
Rings-Same but 1 with dex and only dual resists and no life
Belt-Lower str and life
Gloves-Same
Boots-Same

90 results
Stats
Str-Around 40
Dex-51
Vit-460+
Ene-None

24 bh conc and synergies
4 to all skills
90 fcr
around 8k hammers
Max resists with 90 fire
Max block

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
nice guide, one thing though.

They are called "blessed hammers," not "battle hammers" :D

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
nice guide, one thing though.

They are called "blessed hammers," not "battle hammers" :D

oh yes...i just noticed that lol, I've been talkin bout battlehammer barbs all day and i guess it just got stuck

General_Hummel

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree with u about status point of hammerdin build, i also recommend
that all vita build.

as to skills, 1 redumption is a must.

as to weapons, no rare sceptor have 20% fcr in this patch. 10% only.

and pally's fcr breakpoint is 0, 9, 18, 30, 48, 75 and 125.
so if use sceptor and +2 skill shield, set fcr to 50%. cant reach 80%. 70%
is a waste of fcr. if use shard, set fcr to 80%. cant reach 125% even with
uniq bone shield.

some pally includin me really have the stuff u mentioned except weapon.
but no1 have such a ideal weapon even in this long season. if it does exist
in useast, i wil make char on east to check it.
oops im talkin about ladder not non-ladder.

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
This char is not cheap. This char is effective in all places but i'm just specializing in cs.
Equipt-You have to be Rich Rich Rich
Weap-+2 all skills, +3 battle hammer +3 concentration with replenish and 20 fcr and 40 fr and 40 lr
This will be the richest char on ladder.
LOL, I agree, but finding a magical scepter with fcr, +2 all, +3 bh and +some other synergy shouldnt be impossible. Getting good dual or triple resists on the other items is pricey or hard, but should allow u not to have to get those super high fire-lightning resists on the weapon.

Interesting that this guide tells u how to spend skill/stat points and what weapons u use, but says nothing about tactics. :yawn: That's the sad thing about paladins in late hell now, just push a button and hope the mob dies before they can kill u. :sleep:

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearlessone said:
LOL, I agree, but finding a magical scepter with fcr, +2 all, +3 bh and +some other synergy shouldnt be impossible. Getting good dual or triple resists on the other items is pricey or hard, but should allow u not to have to get those super high fire-lightning resists on the weapon.

Interesting that this guide tells u how to spend skill/stat points and what weapons u use, but says nothing about tactics. :yawn: That's the sad thing about paladins in late hell now, just push a button and hope the mob dies before they can kill u. :sleep:

tactics:
get bo'ed, put vigor on charge to seal hit seal use bhammers nd concentration to kill the people if your about to die then pot. etc etc. time for next game

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
tactics:
get bo'ed, put vigor on charge to seal hit seal use bhammers nd concentration to kill the people if your about to die then pot. etc etc. time for next game
sounds alot like baal runs :yawn: :sleep:

General_Hummel

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearlessone said:
LOL, I agree, but finding a magical scepter with fcr, +2
all, +3 bh and +some other synergy shouldnt be impossible.
why do u recommend +some other synergy on sceptor? are u thinkin that
+synergy skill level from item increase bh damage?
if so, u have to learn basic of synergy system.
items that give bonuses to skills and skill levels will not add to synergy
bonuses. for example, an sceptor with +3 to vigor, when equipped, does not
give any bonus to bh.

Fearlessone said:
That's the sad thing about paladins in late hell now,
just push a button and hope the mob dies before they can kill u. :sleep:
true, its borin. i use hammerdin as a killer only when meph mfin. but each char
have the role in cs run, no1 expect hammerdin as supporter. he is only char
that can move faster and kill any mob fastest. without "experienced"
hammerdin, cant do fast and safe cs run.

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
General_Hummel said:
... without "experienced"
hammerdin, cant do fast and safe cs run.
Oh yes u can. A good warcry barb, not just bo, a good dual or tri-elemental sorc, and especially, a good necro with the proper curses can make up for a couple hammerdins in a cs run. I've played in many groups where "experienced" non-hammerdins have gone fairly quickly from seal to seal even in a sora type run.

Problem is: sorcies who max out some cold skill and REFUSE to get a nice lvl of static to help bring down the bosses and oblivion mages, necros who max some bone skill or have a ton of minions - but NO CURSES or even corpse explosion, barbs who have bo but are blind to see how powerful warcry is. Some barbs use howl to get rid of all the minions around the seal boss while the other players bombard the boss. Hi level warcry WITH amp curse is godly and will bring down these mobs in about 3-5 seconds, with some CE. A wild sorc with hi lvl static can do the same to monster hitpoints in about 5-7 seconds. A paladin with conviction aura can allow sorc to static and kill a mob 2-3x quicker than before, lower res curse from necro can do about the same. Low monster hitpoints on the screen mean fast and safe monster kill.

I wont argue that good hammerdin makes cs run faster. Before 1.10, zons did the most damage in cs runs, sorcies were critical for sora and could tank better, good barbs would rarely die from IM, necros ALWAYS used curses including life tap for barbs which is a crap curse in hell now with the leech nerf, and paladins were mostly zealots with helpful auras when need be: salvation, cleansing, fan, holy freeze. Things are different now and require a well balanced party of experienced players acting as a party. Or u can just bring in a couple hammerdins...but they arent necessary.

People are always moaning in a cs run "oh drat, no paladin!". They even say that if there are a couple foh'ers in the game, :lol:

Most sorcs who max out their cold skill are probably orbers. Blizz sorcs don't need static. Most orbers are made for dueling, if you really wanted to pvm then they'd go with blizz.

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
it seems silly that you post such exact stats on gear and there are mistakes in them.
it is impossible to:
have 20fcr scepter
have +2 priz with stacked lightning and fire

it is a waste to have 2 fcr rings the breakpoint is 50 and 80 on pally
hotspurs are kind of unnessessary you should be fine and faster without them.
You make no mention of defence and if this is a PvM pally defence will help you alot. you say -30 req on armor but that is a wasted stat on most armors.
a -30 mage would be great or -30 ornate. shield ideal would be grim.
The rings... why are they worth the most? I would disagree with that

stanzaman

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is a slightly cheaper Hammerdin build I designed for running around in hell Chaos sanctuary:

Skills: Same as yours, basically (cookie cutter hammerdin)

Stats:
Str: 60
Dex: 21 (you only have to put in one point from base)
Vit: Rest
Energy: None

Gear:
Iratha's set (that means helm, amulet, gloves, & belt)
Shard
45%+ Ward Gothic Shield
Darkglow Ring Mail
Tearhaunches
2x SOJ

Except for the SOJs, the rest of this gear is pretty cheap. And this set up will give you 90% all resists in hell, plenty of life, 50% fast cast. However, you'll only have +2 to all skills (but an extra +2 to vigor from the boots) - so your damage will be a little low, but still enough. You also have 0% MF. If you don't have SOJs, you can substitute +mana/energy/life rings (you don't need resists from rings). If you are rich, you could probably find better boots, or get a +skills prismatic diamond socketed rare sheild (if you change gear around you might have to adjust your stats, as the stats I gave count on the +10 str bonus from Ward and +5 dex from Tearhaunchs - you need 51 dex for shard and 70 str for tearhaunches)

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
stanzaman said:
Here is a slightly cheaper Hammerdin build I designed for running around in hell Chaos sanctuary:

Skills: Same as yours, basically (cookie cutter hammerdin)

Stats:
Str: 60
Dex: 21 (you only have to put in one point from base)
Vit: Rest
Energy: None

Gear:
Iratha's set (that means helm, amulet, gloves, & belt)
Shard
45%+ Ward Gothic Shield
Darkglow Ring Mail
Tearhaunches
2x SOJ

Except for the SOJs, the rest of this gear is pretty cheap. And this set up will give you 90% all resists in hell, plenty of life, 50% fast cast. However, you'll only have +2 to all skills (but an extra +2 to vigor from the boots) - so your damage will be a little low, but still enough. You also have 0% MF. If you don't have SOJs, you can substitute +mana/energy/life rings (you don't need resists from rings). If you are rich, you could probably find better boots, or get a +skills prismatic diamond socketed rare sheild (if you change gear around you might have to adjust your stats, as the stats I gave count on the +10 str bonus from Ward and +5 dex from Tearhaunchs - you need 51 dex for shard and 70 str for tearhaunches)

instead of sojs get 10 fcr with resists stats life
instead of ward get +2 17/30/20 prism nd socket it when a p diamond

this way you get more resists and fcr, same amount of skills nd more life/stats

i don't like usin iratha on a hdin because you can get so much better stuff nd have max resist still.

all hdins need more than 50 fcr. for my hdin i'm bout to make i'm goin to use this equip:
shard
p ruby'ed helm with fhr resists nd life
p ruby'ed armor with fhr resists nd life
p diamond shield +2 17/30/20 39-54-50-39 with rep
magefist
fcr ring with 15 dex 21 cr 16 fr 28 lr
fcr ring with 5 str 16 cr 11 fr 20 lr
boots 30 frw 10 fhr 38 cr 35 fr 13 lr
ammy +2 20-20-20-50 with life
belt 24 fhr 18 str 54 life 24 cr 30 pr

that's maxed resists, 90 fcr 4 to all skills and lots nd lots of life. nd i have to use only 10-15 non vit stat points

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
aznrice1869 said:
all hdins need more than 50 fcr.
p diamond shield +2 17/30/20 39-54-50-39

but in your hammeradin guide your "perfect" gear only had the 50 cast rate.
so explain yourself plz.

and I dont understand how you can have a shield like that.
+2 prefix
20priz prefix
15 fire resist prefix
11 lightning resist prefix
items can only have 3 prefix's and 3 sufix's

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
Murrogh said:
it seems silly that you post such exact stats on gear and there are mistakes in them. ...it is impossible to:
have 20fcr scepter
have +2 priz with stacked lightning and fire
hotspurs are kind of unnessessary you should be fine and faster without them.
The rings... why are they worth the most? I would disagree with that
Yah, the weapon would be worth the most, esp since it would normally be unachievable. As u may have noticed, he posted a whole lotta guides all at once, setting some sort of record. :king: So some mistakes were inevitable. I made a mistake when I said u could get a scepter with extra synergies to add to damage - thats not true - it was explained as such back when 1.10 came out and I forgot. (only skill pts directly invested into a synergy add to damage of the main skill of interest, + to all skills is an exception which makes things confusing)

Hotspurs are capable of raising ur fire res easily to 90%. This is very important around the Infector mob, one of the 2 hardest seal bosses for a hammerdin to tank. The other hard seal is the LorddeSeis. The hammer damage to his mob is so high that each hit can do more than 1/12 the monster hitpoints. This causes a hit recovery animation, during which the monster cannot attack or move forward. Hopefully, the next hammer hits before recovery is completed.

This is a major reason why zons suck now, they cant get the 1/12+ hitpoints to get the stun animation, which is nearly as good as knockback.

magnet

Diabloii.Net Member
My din gear:

Helm:

Grim helm
230 defense
10fhr
8energy
77 life
30 cold res
20fire res
Ruby socket

Armor

Mageplate
495 defense
24 fhr
88life
30 light res
20 fire res
Magic dmg reduce 3
Ruby socket

Shield:

Kite shield
+2 paladin skills
17fhr
30 faster block
20 increase block
36 to all resists
Diamond socket

Weapon

Grand scepter
+2 paladin skills
4-5 cold dmg [good in duels]
+3 vigor
+2 blessed hammer
13 cold res
34fire res

Belt

Heavy belt
24fhr
6 strength
39 life
23 cold res
23 light res
30 poison res

Amulet

+2 paladin skills
10 fastr cast rate
8 energy
50 life
18 cold res
18 light res
46 fire res
18 poison res

Rings

10 fastr cast rate
29 cold res
30 light res
30 fire res

10 fastr cast rate
27 life
Replenish life +6
30 cold res
30 light res

Gloves –magefist

Boots—hotspurs [ great]

and i find that the 50 fcr breakpoint is plenty.

any changes would be to remake using more +strength gear, but i made this guy early in ladder when i had very little to work with. he stays alive fine, however, even though he has a touch too much strength. :thumbsup:

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
i would just like to say, that if a paladin can get max block on his shield just using holy shield(shield must have ~50 chance to block base), he will not benefit from the fbr on a 30/20 shield, as holy shield gives him a 2 fram fbr and he will need 86 for a 1 frame, so the 30 fbr is useless

Fred

aznrice1869

Diabloii.Net Member
Murrogh said:
aznrice1869 said:
all hdins need more than 50 fcr.
p diamond shield +2 17/30/20 39-54-50-39

but in your hammeradin guide your "perfect" gear only had the 50 cast rate.
so explain yourself plz.

and I dont understand how you can have a shield like that.
+2 prefix
20priz prefix
15 fire resist prefix
11 lightning resist prefix
items can only have 3 prefix's and 3 sufix's
i had 60 fcr on the gear.
forgot the resists, thats the resists on my sorc shield

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
fredsta54 said:
a bit OT, but i just had to say... look at my post count :)

(in case i have posted again by the time you read this it is currently @ 420)

*_*

Fred

Now it's 419 again. I am not sure why you posted that, but I deleted it.