CRUSHING BLOW vs IAS

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
CRUSHING BLOW vs IAS

If u already have 40% crushing blow,

would you,
add another 30% for total 70% crushing blow for 0IAS
or 20IAS and stay with 40% CB?

what do u guys think?
 

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
depends on skill and breakpoints. for most skills, however, you would only get a frame faster, so i would go with cb. however, if it is very very very VERY important 20 ias, then go with that, eg. zeal on pally with a thresher, ww, etc.
 

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
depends on skill and breakpoints. for most skills, however, you would only get a frame faster, so i would go with cb. however, if it is very very very VERY important 20 ias, then go with that, eg. zeal on pally with a thresher, ww, etc.
What if its a merc, using a polearm?
 

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
that 30% increase chance is taking ur effective chance up 75% (4/10 up to 7/10)

i very much doubt 20ias is increasing ur effective dmg output by that same 75% proportion


in short (if that can exist)
id make more hits on the merc count with more crushing, if ur single playing...

but if ur in 8player games alot do the ias ,(provided the +20ias atleast hits 1 faster break)
 

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
won't matter then. the way it works is that the merc is on a timer. whenever a certain number comes up, the merc will do something, e.g. move, attack, run, etc. this timer is unaffected by ias or frw or anything. as mercs use jab, which is 3 attacks in rapid succession which take less than 4 frames apiece, the vast majority of a merc's time is spent waiting to make the next decision. i guess if i had to choose, i would go with crushing blow to maximize those three hits.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
It depends on what the job of your merc is. Normally he has to to keep monsters off your character, provide auras, inflict other effects on the enemy and survive the whole while your character does most of the killing. In that case CB is not that important because the merc won't leech from it. IAS means more hits which means more hit recovery for the monsters. However, if your merc doesn't hit another speed breakpoint anyway or if your merc is meant to kill enemies in the first place, 40% CB is better.
 

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe it would be better if you just write what is your merc gear and what are the available choices.
EDIT: And I think crushing blow is useless when your character is ubertwinked or when there are more players in the game. It's affected by physical resistances/immunities too.
 

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
Maybe it would be better if you just write what is your merc gear and what are the available choices.
EDIT: And I think crushing blow is useless when your character is ubertwinked or when there are more players in the game. It's affected by physical resistances/immunities too.
The merc is wearing:
Infinity (40%CB)
Fortitude
Guillame (35CB)

The helm, can be replaced with andy helm. (20IAS)

Main purpose is to kill Baal.
If using Andy, he can do 10k dmg max, 18k if a pala is around. Guillame, he'll do around 9kdmg max, around 17k if pala is around w concentration.
 

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
HafidzMD said:
AFAIK, CB is not affected by PI.
But it is affected.

[email protected] Archive said:
Crushing Blow reduces a target's life by a certain fraction:

Normal Monster hit with a melee weapon: 1/4
Normal Monster hit with a ranged weapon: 1/8
Boss/Champion Monster hit with a melee weapon: 1/8
Boss/Champion Monster hit with a ranged weapon: 1/16
Player/Hireling hit with a melee weapon: 1/10
Player/Hireling hit with a melee weapon: 1/20

2p = 1.5x HP and XP
3p = 2.0x HP and XP
4p = 2.5x HP and XP
5p = 3.0x HP and XP
6p = 3.5x HP and XP
7p = 4.0x HP and XP
8p = 4.5x HP and XP

Crushing Blow does not scale with the amount of players. In 1.10, the game first calculates the Crushing blow in relation to the target's current life and then divides the CB amount by the correlating number (See the Player's Table found on RTB's Post). E.g: 8 players would be 450%. So the damage would be divided by 4.5.

Crushing Blow is affected by Physical resistances, but only if that number is positive.

The % of Crushing Blow will be added from each item for 1 Crushing blow check.

Crushing Blow is actually applied Before the weapon damage done.
Note that Baal has 490K life, the Crushing blow on full HP Baal will deal 31K, on half HP Baal 15K and so on. It's quite nice damage, and CB has its use for Baal hunting.
 

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
HafidzMD said:
The merc is wearing:
Infinity (40%CB)
Fortitude
Guillame (35CB)

The helm, can be replaced with andy helm. (20IAS)

Main purpose is to kill Baal.
If using Andy, he can do 10k dmg max, 18k if a pala is around. Guillame, he'll do around 9kdmg max, around 17k if pala is around w concentration.
Andariel's Visage has IAS, +2 skills (works on mercs), 8-10%leech, 25-30 str and a max poison res bonus (very valuable versus Andariel). You just have to put a Ral or 30%fire res/something jewel into it to counter the penalty to fire resistance. Baal has a low leech efficiency, so your merc might need the additional leech to survive. Your merc already has 40% CB on his weapon and the triple strikes from jab might trigger it often enough.

I suggest to try it out. If you can afford to give Fortitude to your merc, you can surely afford Andy's helm and dump/sell it if it doesn't work ;)
 

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Andariel's Visage has IAS, +2 skills (works on mercs), 8-10%leech, 25-30 str and a max poison res bonus (very valuable versus Andariel). You just have to put a Ral or 30%fire res/something jewel into it to counter the penalty to fire resistance. Baal has a low leech efficiency, so your merc might need the additional leech to survive. Your merc already has 40% CB on his weapon and the triple strikes from jab might trigger it often enough.

I suggest to try it out. If you can afford to give Fortitude to your merc, you can surely afford Andy's helm and dump/sell it if it doesn't work ;)
Ive always used andy helm (socketed with 40ed jewel) doing baal runs (without baal). Survivability of the merc is not an issue even without the life leech. The only time hes having hard time is when IM is around.

Now that I want to kill baal, I was thinking of wether to replace the andy helm with a guilame or not. Before this the merc uses an insight, which is why guilame is needed to do baal, but now that hes got infinity, thats when the isssue comes into place.
 

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a merc with 100% chance for cb (co-working with 2-ele sorc) and this guy is a really good killer. Imo cb merc is the only thing which can be better than Reaper´s merc in some builds. Anyway it´s much what depends on your main char. As said before - what is his function? You said "killing Baal"... Hmmm... And what your main char is supposed to do when your merc is fighing? ... Casting spells? Using melee attacs - physical? elemental? Range attacks? What kind?... Or just drinking potions?... :D
 

HafidzMD

Diabloii.Net Member
sangfagel said:
I have a merc with 100% chance for cb (co-working with 2-ele sorc) and this guy is a really good killer. Imo cb merc is the only thing which can be better than Reaper´s merc in some builds. Anyway it´s much what depends on your main char. As said before - what is his function? You said "killing Baal"... Hmmm... And what your main char is supposed to do when your merc is fighing? ... Casting spells? Using melee attacs - physical? elemental? Range attacks? What kind?... Or just drinking potions?... :D
I cast Bone Spear, minions (skeles) attacking, golem tanking and slowing.
 
Top