Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crushing Blow Bowasin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by NHansen, Mar 29, 2004.

1. NHansen

NHansen IncGamers Member

Crushing Blow Bowasin

Would this be viable? I've always wanted to use a bow on an Assassin. Say with maxed Venom and good crushing blow gear, coupled with BoS... I think this Assassin could pump out lot's of crushing blow arrows (Although the chance of crushing blow is cut in half with missle weapons). The damage itself with venom and a good bow seems pretty good enough. Add a good % of crushing blow to this and it seems like it could be a very good build. What are your thoughts? Has anybody tried this? Any suggestions? I think I'm going to start making one right now :)

2. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Venom has like a .4 second timer now on its damage. This changes venom damage from being like most poison damage. This has hurt the Bowassins in 1.10.

For the good you can use BoS and Venom or Fade and Venom if you can get to the max IAS without BoS.

One of the things to remember is this will be a very limited build as far as damage goes since you will be shooting a single arrow at a time. I'm pretty sure slower and for less damage than you could shoot chinesse stars with BFury.

I would seriously take a look at the BFury posts before you start a Bowassin. The benefits just don't seem to be there and BFury seems to be a very enjoyable build for everyone that has tried it. I even use BF at times with my DTalon builds.

Either way good luck. I think a bowassin will be very challenging if you decide to make her.

3. NHansen

NHansen IncGamers Member

Yeah, also I don't think I could get good block with the bowassin. The upside would be that I could also use traps because I wouldn't be using many skill points at all. But I'm going to check out the Blade Fury Assassin. Thanks for the tip.

4. lextalionis

As far as I know you can't block while using a Bow. You can block with Blade Fury though, another advantage for Blade Fury.

I agree you aren't using many skills at all on a Bowassassin. Only maxing Venom seems like a must. That being said. A pure trapper can use BF very well too. Remember BFury leeches. So it would let you put less points/possibly no points in Energy.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just saying that in every way, BF will be better than using a Bow.

5. lextalionis

The only exception, that I just thought of is that Bows can have the Pierce mod and BFury will never be able to pierce. But I still think you will find BF superior to Bows.