Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crushing and Ranged Attacks.....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by STINGER, Mar 24, 2004.

1. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Crushing and Ranged Attacks.....

Have a tosser in the works, considering adding extra rushing so how does this apply for ranged attack is it different?

Also considering a bowa, got to make something harder to play and I have neglected this one a long time.......

2. senji

senji Banned

i think its 1/10 for range not sure tho

3. det

det IncGamers Member

yeah, its 1/10 (or 1/8)...info would be at AS. Considering how fast you can starfe or MS, this should however make up for it...

The usual equipment? Guillaumes, Rattlecage, Gore Riders, Venomgrip?

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Crushing Blow is always half as effective with a ranged attack as with a melee attack. For melee it's 1/4 on a normal monster, 1/10 on champions, bosses, and other players; for ranged it's 1/8 on a normal monster, 1/20 on all else. Note that this is before taking into account PDR in PvP, and monster hitpoint scaling for PvM. 1/8 of a monster's remaining 'players 1' hitpoints doesn't sound like very much to me, especially with more than 2 or 3 people in the game.

5. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

It may not seem a lot but with Multi/Pierce you find that it can be very effective to load up CB ( not sure about strafe - haven't tried it ).

Also with pierce and Freezing Arrow or Immo Arrow the CB appears to carry in the radius blast effect so you can wip 1/8 off say three mobs of monsters. Add in a little Ias to rack up the firing rate and even my Magezon is suprisingly effective in up to about 4 player games!

Of course Bowzons full stop are no longer Cookie Cutter builds, but for some fun with something a little different it is possible to solo Most of Hell:)

Chill

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Well, the Bowa build I am considering is one I have played a number of times which I think by looking it it is stil viable and its Strafe/Freezing.

I doubt I take either range guys to the full CB build as resists would be extremly tuff, but I do beleive I will use it on both in some fashion.

7. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

ive always used blade fury on my kickasins. the crushing they all ware is incredably effective with the blades on player 8 games.

my assasins were always impressive in the CS ware IM is flying about...ive had 2-3 people give me a "wow that assasin rocks" while only using blade fury and crushing...

so i really see no reason it wouldnt work with bows or other ranged attacks

8. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

In the group of people that I play with, three of us have high level Bowazons. All use strafe. They are fun and can play in hell. One uses complete mavinas set. I use asorted stuff with an upgraded burrito. I have a hellslayer on switch for cold, phys immunes. Put all three of us doing a pit run and we can mow right on through just as quick as any of our other set ups but probally safer. With might merc my strafe does up to 1900 damage and that does not take into accnt laying of hands.

Also the bowazon rushes characters through nm very quickly. Not to forget baal runs were the minions never even get to attack do to frozen arrow. I am sure low life someday will be the death of my Bowie but untill then it is a very viable character.

9. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

What, a character is viable until it dies???

(Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, it was just to funny an expression to let pass :lol: )

10. Bearcub

Bearcub IncGamers Member

all my characters die. Lol from the mighty hammerdin, to the weakest which was a artic blast druid. Of course i put myself into dangerous situations w/o bo and other life boosters that some seem afraid to do w/o. And go places were only the foolish or fun loving like to venture, the temples in act three. plus those urns are just irresistable. Must touch and see what comes in act v. It seems to me most people want invincible characters then complain about the game being boring. Where lots of characters are viable if played right.

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I got my info from dii.net because I couldn't find anything on Arreat Summit about it, so I guess we shouldn't take it as law. Only possible reasons I can think of for BF being so effective are:

1. It doesn't count as a ranged attack because it factors in a portion of your melee weapon dmg, or
    2. CB now scales up with monster hitpoints.

Anyone know for sure?

12. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

From what I understand CB is a % of remaining hitpoints regardless of hitpoints due to game size.

My DT Sin tears up Hell Baal almost as good as static for 2/3 his life in a full game but that last 1/3 is like he was fully alive using my IK Barb. in a small game the last 1/3 goes a lot faster but the same begining 2/3 seem to go just as fast.

13. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Pretty nasty that last paragraph. As I read it, the more players in game, the worse the damage output compared to monster hitpoints. Or am I reading it wrong?

14. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's worded horribly, or at least when I see scaled I think scaling up with monster HP. I went through the first 2 weeks or so of 1.10 thinking that before I went and re-read it and figured out it meant scaling down opposite of the monster HPs.

15. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

blade fury is a ranged attack, you could use fists and no weapon and the crushing blow would still be very effictive. it just takes twice the hits.

and with blade fury shooting fairely fast it takes nearely the same time. thats why BF is so effective with CB actually. its all about speed. the faster you can attack, the faster you do that hunk of dmg.

about that bit of nfo...i have seen that before, but i never cared to decode it eather lol