Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crush Druid?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Cleglaw_Himself, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Crush Druid?

I recall a few pages back there was some mention of a ~34 druid build incorporating a truckload of crushing blow. Build for PvP.
    I thought I'd try it out, as I'm yet to join the crowds making Chargedins (although I have a lvl 30 ethereal Bonesnap WarClub on a mule...).
    I have:
    Coldsteel Eye Cutlass (1 socket)
    Guillaume's Face (1 socket)
    Artisans Light Plate of Squid (3 sockets)
    Whitstan's Guard (1 socket)
    Mahim Oak Curio
    2 x rare rings with str, ar, ll.
    Goblin Toe boots
    No belt yet.
    Venomgrip gloves.

Life ~803 so far. Still have 12 skill points.

Question: Even though the druid looks very impressive with the horns and red-hued armour, the damage seems very low so far. What changes to make? What to fill the sockets with? I have only a couple of 15 max jewels. Should I just put Prubies in them? Thx!

2. senji

senji Banned

put max jewels in them for more damage more life = perfect rubies
    or perfect diamond in shield for resist

put only 1 point in werewolf rest into fury and your choice of sage or ravens for blocking

3. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Hmmm

I'm on my second L34 Crush Druid 'Sharks' (first one, A_Sheep died to a L55 zerker)... I'd bail on the socket armor and go for Rattlecage. An extra 25% CB...
    Save the max jewels, put a pruby in your helm... perhaps a damage jewel in the shield...
    Don't worry about your stated damage: Deadly Strike & Crushing Blow is where it all kicks in. My DS is at 65% & CB is at 85%. That gets nasty very fast using fury.
    Another thing: I'd suggest using wolves instead of ravens - better to block lock an opponent whilst you wail on him.

It's kind of funny when you're in a dueling game, people scan your gear and 'ewwww'... then proceed to get beaten. Only problem is, with the prevalence of everybody and anybody (especially pkers!!) using MH/Chicken... 'tis mighty difficult to get ears.

4. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Only thing I don't have is the Rattlecage!

DS 15 + 50 = 65%
    CB 5 + 35 + 25 = 65% Would be 100% if I ditched the Venomgrip and added the Bonesnap on switch for an added 40% crushing blow. This would probably be a bad idea because its ethereal...
    Or maybe the old Ribcracker for extra 50% CB?

5. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

hmm

wouldnt go 2 handed. I think its kinda risky to take hits with your life. Im not sure this is pvp but i wouldtn advise no block vs chargers with your amount of life. they hit you twice your dead :(. Interresting build tho, wonder how fast you can do dam with so much crushing :).

6. mali

mali IncGamers Member

Absolutely right. You must have a shield, gotta block...

7. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Hmm sounds interesting :), I was looking at makeing a kicksin but I see a much greater potential for insanely high life with this druid. After a full PA and some life charms I should have near 1.5k atleast.

8. BreakThruX

BreakThruX IncGamers Member

Nobody answered in my post so could someone post the main build for a crush druid? Nothing exact if you don't want just the basic layout. Thx in advance. :)

9. BreakThruX

Nobody answered in my post so could someone post the main build for a crush druid? Nothing exact if you don't want just the basic layout. Thx in advance. :) Edit: I also want you guys to check this shield out that i found, its perf for this kind of druid: Lance Guard Barbed Shield: 137 defense, 37 chance to block :(, 30 FHR, 20 percent deadly strike, 50 life, attack takes damage of 47, and 15 percent dmg taken goes to mana.

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Nobody posted in your thread becuase this thread has been right next to yours the entire time. Mali said he'd PM you... he's got more info than you'll ever need, so no worries.

And that shield... slightly better than completely useless. The primary purpose of shields in PvP is blocking, and that thing obviously has none.

11. ThroughTheWire

ThroughTheWire IncGamers Member

dont underestimate the 2h... It has its advantages, especially an etheral ribcracker.

With a shael in the bad boy you can hit an impressive 5 fps with good dmg and really quality mods. I was actually tossing around the idea of making a pvp druid with an etheral 300 bonesnap warclub, godly dmg and with a shael and a lvl 7 (i believe) WW it hits 7fps fury.

If you go with the ribcracker, you can use this gear..
    ribcracker shael
    rockstopper max jewel
    art light plate of squid max max max
    string
    angelic rings + ammy
    bfists
    sanders or maybe even goblin toe..

I had a lvl 29 2h druid back in 1.09 with an etheral steeldriver. He did beter vs chargers then u can immagine. With enough max charms and jewls, you should be able to make quick work out of chargers in 1 fury.

12. mali

mali IncGamers Member

nope

I've dueled Ribcracker Druids with my build. Totally ripped them to pieces. I block quite a few of their attacks, whilst they blocked none of mine. Most of them bail quite quickly having done very little damage to me.

And I initially missed this one: Rockstopper. Are you nuts? The whole purpose of this build is to make heady use of the DS & CB on Guillaume's... 'tis one of the essential parts of this build...

13. kurg

kurg IncGamers Member

When did crushing blow start working pvp? I didn't think it worked in pvp....

14. mali

mali IncGamers Member

1/10 of life in pvp.

15. ThroughTheWire

ThroughTheWire IncGamers Member

rrib has 50 crush already, and without a sheild you need the dr.

16. BreakThruX

Ummm wtf if you can go two handed then the lance guard shield with 20 ds and a wep with 20 ds is leet then...with the gilumames thingy you get 100 at least unless theres a cap?

17. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Wihtout the shield you are dead very quickly to the right build so you might as well go naked and save your gear as there is no saving your ear!

18. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

Me, shanks and slayz (on west) were the ones that were screwing with this build iirc

Problems : You're not going to net alot of ears, you'll win. ALOT. Or atleast survive ( I managed to duel pills paladin for about 45 seconds before eventually aknowlaging my defeat)

removing 1/5th of the targets life in 1 single hit is pretty much what saps their juvs dry.

I currently have one on West, NightShade_Crush or some such. Not great for pking, but man o man can he spook some cocky melee folk.

Rib cracker is what I used at 1st, but got absolutely shredded but 1) Goody's barb 2) Slayz's paladin 3) Shankz. DR in my opinion is rather useless (as well as the bane of this build) when you have 2.5k life ( my druid does, uses crap charms). A big problem you're going to run into is AR vs conc barbs. Thus angelics are teh seks.

My build :

5 raven (in retrospect wolves are superior. Destroys shiftchargers/fury/zeal.
    Maxed fury for level : duh
    1 WW
    20 lycanth
    some in Oak (retrospect : better charms I'd go with HoW)

People keep asking me when I'm going to pull out the driver. The fact is : I have absolutely slaughtered every single 2h druid that has tried for my ear. I don't mean exchanging blows, I mean I land 3-4 fury hits on him, atleast 1 deals 1/5th of his life, the others do about 200 pvp (eh) removing 1/10th of his life. Works great vs other druids, vs pala's it's quite hit or miss. There's alot of scare factor involved.

My gear in retrospect would have looked like this :

+30 max tsod
    +45 max artisans of the squid
    Bloodfists ( 5% cb or 40 (150 ish) life...)
    String ( 15% dr is ALL you will need)
    Guilmes ( I have a 20%ed -15% req jewel in it. I'm happy)
    Gob toes
    Mahim
    Dual AR+stat rings ^^
    Coldsteel eye (sheal)

C'mon folks, lil credit. Espescially you mali ^^. T'is a good build, but I'm considering using a 39. Shaft+Fleshrender is pretty damn potent.

19. michinsarang

michinsarang IncGamers Member

Ive got one to, the main problem is really killing power, im tempted to switch all my charms for +6 LC's. Unless there a 40+ charger its unlikely theyll kill you, but you wont be able to kill them fast enough before they chickenhack or just plain leave. My current one has the same gear really as all the other ones, except i loaded up on life charms/max damage charms giving me a total of 2070 life. I use lvl 20 lycanthropy and lvl 5? oak. I put like 5 into fury to. When casting animals you can use level 1, you just wont be able to recast past 1 while your dueling. The trick is to morph first and then summon them, then hit weapon switch. Youll be fine unless you leave town and then re-enter, unpon re-entering they will disapear. Otherwise just go out and lay the whupping with 4 wolves 4 ravens and oak XD.

20. mali

mali IncGamers Member

No Prob NightShade - I'll give it up where it's due: this build was told to me by YOU. The only difference between what I'm doing & what you've just stated is
    1) I use Whirstan's (and you suggested that anyway!)
    2) I have a +2 druid weapon on switch. I cast everything using that. Also that's what people see first, and unless they scan me using **ugh** MH, they don't see the coldsteel eye or the whirstans.
    3) I'm using Rattlecage.
    I've found a few advantages there:
    * People tend to be VERY cocky about dueling "some newb in 'cage"...
    * Life's so high any way, the extra doesn't make a helluva lotta difference!
    * An extra 25% CB
    * It's cheap
    Kinda glad your's is on West ;)...