Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cruel in classic?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by snow_crash, Mar 28, 2004.

1. snow_crash

snow_crash IncGamers Member

cruel in classic?

Hey everyone, I play Closed USEast Diablo 2 Classic. While lvling up my new frenzy barb, I had the pleasure to play with many different people. One pally i played with, was kickin *** with a relatively weak looking weapon. When I finally got a look at it, it was to my surprise that it was a cruel slayer. First of all, aren't cruel weapons only in LoD? secondly, i've never seen a slayer in classic, so i would think those would be in LoD only too, neh? My question is, did the new patch allow cruel weapons in classic? or did he get that cruel slayer some other way? cuz i would like a pair of those babies

2. foxnews

foxnews IncGamers Member

what's a cruel slayer? What's a slayer? Are you sure it's not a rare item called "cruel slayer?" For it to be a cruel weapon, it has to be magica (blue letters) and over 200% in enhanced damage. I've found plenty of rare items called "cruel ______," but it doesnt make them cruel, as in 200%+ dmg.

I think Massive or Master's is the highest prefix u can get in classic for a magical item, not positive though.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if he had 2, probably they were duped.

4. snow_crash

he had one.

but the writing was red, as were the stats. that might have been the durability being 0 but i don't know. it had lots of damage, 6 double leech, and some more mods on it that i don't remember. but it was an axe type weapon, one handed. can't you craft cruel items in Lod? if so, how?

5. Superhal

sounds like a hacked item.

6. snow_crash

that's besides the point, i don't know how someone would get a hacked item onto closed, from LoD. it was hard in .09, i bet it's nearly impossible in 1.10.

again, how would you craft a cruel item in LoD?

7. Superhal

lots of hacked classic items. check out the marketplace faq and "do not trade items list."

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You think the possibilities of cruel items in classic are bad? In 1.09 some hackers managed to get LOD exceptional/elite unique items onto CLASSIC, yes you heard me correctly. Items such as harlequin crest and eaglehorn/windforce existed on classic. Such bows would practically one hit kill anyone in classic PvP as there are no charms (no extra life) and no damage reduction.

9. Jell-O

Jell-O IncGamers Member

It was probably just a rare weapon named "Cruel Slayer" with 0 durability left which made the name turn red.
    There is no weapon called "Slayer" so that's probably what it was.

10. snow_crash

omikron, i'm aware of this, as i was a big trader back in .09
    i even owned a shako (harlequin crest) for a period of a few days. Yes, Grandfather, valor, gaze, shako, windfore, eagle horn, and storm shield made it into classic. Don't ask me how, but they did. I'm gunna go with Jell-O's take on the situation tho. Cuz I'm sure it's nearly impossible for LoD items to make it into closed anymore. Open, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter, but I won't even get in to Open, it just makes me mad :rant:

11. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Yes, open is all out of wack but isn't that what open is for? I mean I could add a jewel right now to a dumb cracked shortsword and do as much damage or more then a lightsaber.

12. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

was it crafted?