Crow Caw Armor

monkadin

Diabloii.Net Member
Crow Caw Armor

Just found this armor - seems like a super Twich - why does no one use it?

+35% Chance of Open Wounds is this less for ranged?
+150-180% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Dexterity GREAT FOR A ZON
15% Faster Hit Recovery i dont get hit much - but nice
15% Increased Attack Speed GREAT FOR A ZON

socket with??? resist all rune? 15IAS/+damage jewel? other?

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
well this was answered once already but it doesn't look like the lost 2 or 3 days will be found so.....

crow caw is a tigulated HEAVY armor....heavy armors have speed and stamina penalties

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Open Wounds does work less effectively when triggered by a ranged attack...I think the penalty was 50%?? Some guy made some calculations and the damage looked kind of weak, so unless your have a low-damage bow it's not worth it.

Zigot_HD

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Open Wounds does work less effectively when triggered by a ranged attack...I think the penalty was 50%?? Some guy made some calculations and the damage looked kind of weak, so unless your have a low-damage bow it's not worth it.

You 're sure about that?
I have always been a fan of Crow Caw armor

Zig

imo twitch is much better..

the ow isnt much of a factor

twitch wins in fhr and ias, also its a light armor

only loses in def, and thats not a big deal for a good bowa player. oh and a little more dex .. 5.

and twitch is much secksier

PyroStock

Diabloii.Net Member
Using CrowCaw instead of Twitch means you give up IAS, FHR, 5 stat points (10STR+10DEX vs. 15DEX) and 10FRW speed for just Defense and OpenWounds. If you have a shield on weapon-switch Twitch also gives a huge Block bonus. CrowCaw definitely isn't an end-game armor and you can use Twitch 21 levels sooner, so why downgrade to CrowCaw? IMO, even if your character never uses a shield and never hits new breakpoints for the IAS/FHR, the tiny killing speed you gain from OpenWounds you lose from taking longer to get to places with slower FRW speed, which also hinders the ability to flee a bad situation.

Even Spirit Forge (medium armor) is better than CrowCaw (heavy armor). 2sockets means you don't have to waste a socket quest to get 30IAS. The fire damage applies to every hit, whereas CrowCaw's OpenWounds does not. OpenWounds may not even activate until several shots later when they're already dead. Instead of 15Dex you get 15Str and a nice life boost (which means unless you're glass you can put hard points in DEX instead of VIT).