Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crossbow selection advice

Discussion in 'Druid' started by uncleanspirit, Mar 25, 2004.

1. uncleanspirit

uncleanspirit IncGamers Member

Crossbow selection advice

Hello :howdy:

Question for the well-informed and highly sophisticated Druid forum :worship:

I'm currently building a hunter and I would like to use the Hellrack xbow as one of his finishing weapons. Is 2xShael the best way to socket this xbow? If not what you reccomend socketing it with? Any help you can give me will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Gah I hate xbows on a hunter but that one I guess is pretty decent though I would still prefer buriza the hellcrack is pretty slow and has a higher str req more then you should want to invest. Any particular reason you want to use an xbow and that one in particular?

3. uncleanspirit

uncleanspirit IncGamers Member

No real reason. I just found it when I was mfin in the Pits recently and though I would like to try it out adn do something different. I have access to some other bows. Goldstrike, Eagle, Gut Siphon, Buriza to name some (dont own wws). I guess upped Goldstike would probably be the best choice here but I kind of wanted to use something else.

4. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

O_O

You must be lost. :)

Buriza > Hell

Garbad

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I'd say no to Goldstrike since your skills go red temporarily when a Fist of the Heavens fires off. You wouldn't be able to cast anything in that instant. If you had the stats, an upped riphook would be neat, or an upped stormstrike to get some piercing (without explosions)

The passion runeword in a bow would work nicely too for the +10 hit blinds target (especially if you don't have any ravens to do that for you)