Critique my Uber Equipment

rukz

Diabloii.Net Member
Critique my Uber Equipment

I've read a bunch of posts regarding Uber Tristing with the 1 pt Smite Zealot but am a little uncertain on equipment, if you guys could take a look at what I intend to use and see if you can answer my questions below I'd apprecaite it.

Armour: Dusk Shroud Chains of Honor

Helm: Perfect Vampire Gaze or G-Face (can't decide)

Gloves: Perfect Dracs

Boots: Perfect Gores

Belt: String of Ears

Weapon: Grief PB (390/38)

Shield: 180% HoZ (pDiamond)

Amulet: 22 Maras

Ring 1: Raven Frost

Ring 2: Rare 5% Mana Leech - some random mods

My res is:
22 Maras
65 CoH
69 HoZ
30 Quests
=186
-100 (hell diff)
=86 res all
-85 (Meph's Conviction)
=1 res all

Skills:
20 Zeal
20 Fana
20 Holy Shield
20 Sacrifice
xx Defiance
1 Smite

I have about 12k Defense with HS up.
I have about 2.4k life (after BO (CTA))

I want to attempt to do Uber Trist with this character, my questions to you:

1) Will I need to switch belts to T-Gods for light absorb when fighting meph? Will I also need Wisp on top of switching belts?

2) Which helm do I use? Gaze gives me dual leech + Damage Reduction, but the CB from G-Face is kinda clutch (i think)

3) My res against meph will be absolutely garbage because of conviction (-85) I have Salvation thats about 60-80 all res, is it viable to switch to using this aura and not fana when fighting uber meph?

4) I have a high Last Wish PB but would prefer to not use it (trade it) if I can do Uber Trist without it, whats your opinion on the difference b/w using LW till the boss is about 1/4 life then switching back to Grief for the finish vs just using Grief the entire way?

5) Anything else you can warn me about?! I've never done Ubers before, only dClone (I haven't played D2 in about 2+ years)

I've got my hands on 3 key sets so I want to try this but I don't want to open the portals only to find out that I can't defeat them. Sorry for the lengthy post.

Tankmobile

Diabloii.Net Member
mephs conviction is -125 not 85, so slap on salvation aswell whilst fighting him-doing it with neghative resists is a death warrant.
1) you dont need to switch and it is really an irrelevant switch in my view-your better off getting more reists in the belt such as credendum.
2) Guillumes, the crushing blow given by it is vital given you only have 15% from gores-50% is good enough to do it. the fhr is a nice bonus aswell.
3) yes its viable and its reccomended by yours truly :) sure it might take a little longer to kill the sod, but ull live longer :)
4) using last wish isnt necessary but its more a safety device for first timers. it jus heaps on more cb and life tap, but u shudnt need it.
5) take out meph first. go to top of trist map, and draw him outg the top of houses first. other two are big fairies, but if they fight u at same time as mephisto, ull die. ignore all the minor beasties till u have killed the big 3. nout more i can think of at mom. :)

TeknoRat

Diabloii.Net Member
3) My res against meph will be absolutely garbage because of conviction (-85) I have Salvation thats about 60-80 all res, is it viable to switch to using this aura and not fana when fighting uber meph?
If resistances are hurting then either prebuff with Fade from Treachery or use your Last Wish. Also think about getting some all resis charms. Treachery is a very cheap RW and very effective to boost resists and once it activates you can just take it off for your CoH. Also unless your resists are really killing, try throwin a fort on for the extra 300%ed.

4) I have a high Last Wish PB but would prefer to not use it (trade it) if I can do Uber Trist without it, whats your opinion on the difference b/w using LW till the boss is about 1/4 life then switching back to Grief for the finish vs just using Grief the entire way?
Just use the Grief because you should have around 50 cb and the difference in killing time is negligable. Its like choosing between killing him in 30 seconds or 35 seconds. (Made up times). Both will kill him fast, its just whether you want more CB, LT and the bonus of CTC Fade on LW. (Which you can already get from Treachery)

5) Anything else you can warn me about?! I've never done Ubers before, only dClone (I haven't played D2 in about 2+ years)

I've got my hands on 3 key sets so I want to try this but I don't want to open the portals only to find out that I can't defeat them. Sorry for the lengthy post.
One thing I'd warn you about is the level w/ Tyrael. I can't remember the name right now but OK's can spawn there and IM you and if that happens you are screwed. Duriel is a cake walk unless you somehow attract all those damn PI bug swarms and get surrounded (Unlikely, but happened to me once). And some people have had problems w/ Lillith but as long as you cast LT you should be fine. (Maybe get a wand w/ Life Tap charges so its already on the boss when you start attacking).

Also try going on youtube and watching one of the trist runs. It will show where to go so you can lure the ubers out one by one.

U

ulmty

seeings ur resists are hurting, try uming that gface. that should help a little along with the res charms mentioned above