Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

critique my strafeazon build plz

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Superhal, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

critique my strafeazon build plz

when i read the bow comparision, i was extremely happy that my newfound eaglehorn was up there. i immediately started building a strafeazon around it, and i would like a little help.

stats (projected):
    100 str
    rest dex, 300+
    100 vit
    base nrg

eq (*not sure, rest is pretty much guaranteed):
    *shako
    *+ skills, + resists, ammy, telling of beads, angel combo
    lionheart
    *tgods, razortail, nos coil, or mav's belt
    war travelers
    *laying of hands or crafted kb gloves with ias
    *ravenf, dwarf star, carrion wind, angel combo, or rares with leech.
    *+max damage charms, or resist charms
    eaglehorn

skills (projected):
    20 strafe
    20 FA
    1-20 cold arrow
    20 valk
    5 MS (to get through norm/nm)
    5 pierce
    = 66-86 total

My goal with this char is to as much damage as possible, maybe a quasi-dexazon. i don't care too much about surviving or resists. i want as high damage as i can get. i also don't want to muck around the trade forums, so no ultra uber gear.

so, my questions:
    1. what to socket in the eagle? i have nef, ohm, shael, or ed jewels. maybe ith? max damage jewel + something?

2. which helm maximizes damage? i have shako, nightwing, veil of steel, etc. guillame's face even?

3. for a strafeazon, +skills doesn't really help with damage right? so, should i use max damage or elemental damage charms? or, should i pack on the resist charms and use my eq for damage?

4. i was thinking of about 5 or so in dodge/avoid, rest in pierce/critical strike. or, i could get 20 guided arrow. to me it seems more effective vs bosses.

5. how else could i get more damage, if the only thing i didn't want to change was the eaglehorn?

thnx for any replies.

2. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Some nice kit that will work well in Hell with the skills you've selected.

Remember that mana leech is important for Bowazon especially if you use FA a lot and life leech is good for survival. You don't seem to have much leech so consider Tals Mask or Stealskull as alternative helmets. FA also benefits from pierce when shooting at groups since you get multiple overlapping splash damage so using Razortail is highly desireable then. The duration of the FA freeze is lengthened by using cold damage charms or other equipment like Ravenfrosts so having a few of those will help with control as well as extra cold splash damage

Plusses to B&XBow skills don't help strafe much but + Passives can be useful since that increases a number of useful skills CS, Penetrate, Pierce, D/E/A and Valk all of which help strafe both directly and indirectly

3. kiljoy001

kiljoy001 IncGamers Member

Granted + to skills don't help much... but I've been itching to make a zon with a perfect upped endless hail (+5) to strafe... it gives and extra 30% dmg, and that's not bad.

4. Trelulo

Trelulo IncGamers Member

hitting stuff in hell is quite hard. i dont know if its because my lvl is low (lvl 78 finished act 3), but my main problem is that i dont hit things as much as id like. so i guess ull want to get a high penetrate skill. Also, id put some points in the avoid branch. At least for my gameplay, they r worth it.

5. Superhal

eaglehorn has itd, that's why i wanted to use it...don't have to deal with AR. :)

6. Superhal

i did some speed nm baal runs, and traded for the fal for the lionheart. my eq atm:
    rare ammy with dex/res/ll
    24x/15 ravenfrost
    5LL/80 mana ring
    lionheart light plate (heh not expecting any def out of her, so i just grabbed the first 3s i saw during the baalruns. :))
    clean eaglehorn
    clean tal's mask
    war travs
    crafted hitpower gloves, 20ias/kb

my damage is around 1700 strafe, 1900 normal.

and i'm sad. it just isn't as exciting as i thought it would be. i'm doing fine atm in a1 hell. it's just kind of blah. i guess my expectations were a lot higher.

there are a lot of possible phys/cold immune bosses in a1 hell. :( i had to just run away. any suggestions here welcomed.

i have 13 skillpoints unassigned. if i use them as planned, i'll have 20 valk, 17 FA. however, the phys/cold immunes are worrying me. i don't see anything that can help much in the bow tree with that few points.

ah well, i did manage to upgrade my buriza, so i might make a zon built around that. maybe exploding arrow or soemthing. :)

7. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

get a might merc and give him a reapers toll - helps greatly with PI's

8. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Some extra hints:

Make sure you get about 300-500 poison damage through perhaps 100pdscs.
    Also, invest in some lightning damage SCs. Both charms boost your damage a little and especially the poison charms have been effective on my ama.
    I chose to put them on to cancel out some of that fast life regeneration that monsters can have in hell. Hope that helps :cheesy:

-Backdoor Bandit

9. mgill1772

mgill1772 IncGamers Member

hmmmm? u are planning to use strafe as killing skill correct. Why would u not have 120% ias to reach fastest strafe speed for hydra/crusader bow, i think this is necessary unless u wear items with % for extra damage, i.e. loh, chains.

currently i play a hydridized zon on uswest ladder that plays very well.

I decided for the bow side, which is only like 10 skill points, i used 6 multi and 4 freezer, the rest is passive and javs skills. I use wf and have 90 ias. i use multi/freeze only in pack of light immune monsters or thru nm games. I can easily carry people thru hell and tackle every monster met.

O i do use a helper a2 nm mighty merc with eth thresher unique, the decrep one forget name at moment, the decrep is key on stubborn immune to phy/light monsters.

so in short, unless u have items with great bonuses get more speed, multi 150 % or if strafer 120 %

and use the only bow worth usin, wf. or for u do eagle with 120 ias (strafer), and get might merc with decrep polearm, u will be much better.

10. Superhal

my hybridazon (lf, fa, ms, ga) does fine, too. i wanted to build a pure bowazon though.

i chose eagle for the itd, which makes up for a lot of damage with a better bow.