Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

critique my amazon.

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by JonnyFoster, Apr 24, 2008.

1. JonnyFoster

JonnyFoster IncGamers Member

critique my amazon.

Hi there. im looking for some advice on where to put my remaining points on my amazon.

Currently its level 80.

Guided arrow-maxed
    multi arrow-7
    dodge-6
    avoid-4
    evade-6
    crit strike-8
    pierce-4(to many points in this? i want to use razortail eventaully)
    also have 1 point in valkrie

I have 20 points saved up. would it be a good idea to put all 20 into strafe? or how should i use em? any suggestions are appreciated.

Also how much life should i shoot for on an amazon?

Thanks,

jonny

2. warrent

warrent IncGamers Member

Re: critique my amazon.

I've got a lvl 85 untwinked bowazon with maxed Strafe & Freezing arrow. But only 1 in guided arrow. What is the strategy behind maxing guided arrow?

Back to your build, other than the above mentioned points, most of my distribution is similar to yours. Probably a few more in pierce because I stopped using Razortail as I got enough + to skills that I'm getting 75% pierce without it. I use strafe 90% of the time. I have zero trouble killing anything so far, doing 4292 damage per arrow and shooting what looks like 20 arrows per second. Strafe with pierce and maxed attack speed pretty much kills any group of monsters in a matter of seconds. So I would def recommend you put the remaining points in strafe.

I think I have around 400 life on my Amazon, I put very few points in life and didn't put any in until I pretty much was killing everything with ease and wasn't as concerned about pumping Dex. You should be standing behind your Valkyrie and mercenary when doing any attacks so generally the only things that should really do any damage to you are missile attacks. When you strafe, you're locked standing. So if you find you're getting killed more often than you'd like (and you have life leech right?), put some more points into the ability to dodge missiles while standing still skill. And just be aware of mobs of archers or the damn lightning shooting Gloam ghost things that are abundant in Act V crystalline passage and durance of hate. Those kill me more than anything.

These are the items I use and recommend:
    - Faith runeword Bow
    - Gore Rider boots
    - 2 raven frost rings (+40 dex)
    - helm with 45% increased attack speed/damage (3 jewels)
    - armor with 60% increased attack speed/damage (4 jewels)
    - Cat's Eye amulet
    - gloves with +3 to bow skills
    - Wilhelm belt with 5% dual leech
    And might aura mercenary equipped with Pride runeword spear, Delirium runeword helm and Chains of Honor runeword armor.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Re: critique my amazon.

Wow, that's kind of an expensive build. Not too many people will be able to make a CoH, Faith, Pride and Delirium on the same character.

JonnyFoster, there are several things you can do. Are you planning to run baal to get to level 90 or something? Or you just going to play a little bit for fun with no real leveling planned? What kind of merc are you using?

Whichever way you decide to go, you could do several things:

Max strafe
    Get a cold attack -freezing arrow is a cool but mana intensive skill (then get some cold charms in your inventory to help duration)
    Put up to 9 in pierce. You need 9 to get max pierce even with Razortail.
    Play with poison--slow but kind of fun
    Get titans on switch and max lit fury -- not enough levels left to synergize it so damage won't be great but still a fun hybrid type of build.
    Get Valk to level 17. She can tank for you while you pluck away with guided.

Next time don't use guided except for PvP.