Critical and deadly strike formula?

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
Critical and deadly strike formula?

Hello,

I cant seem to find the critical and deadly strike formula for 1.10 anywhere. Also is there a limit for total double damage?, as i remember no, but i havent played in a while.
Any help will be apreciated.
Thank you
-Oscar

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
oscarmk1 said:
Also is there a limit for total double damage?, as i remember no, but i havent played in a while.
Well, in any case, you have a chance at doing double damage with either of these modifiers. So, once you reach 100% chance, any increase will not make a difference (e.g. 150% deadly strike is no better than 100% deadly strike).

Deadly strike and Critical strike are calculated separately, and will never both be applied at once.

So, your overall chance of doing double damage is as follows (afaik):

1 - [ ( 1 - ds ) * ( 1 - cs ) ]
for ds and cs chances ranging from 0 to 1, inclusive. If either is greater than 1, you will always do double damage and you don't need this formula.

For example, say you have 66% deadly strike (as from Death Cleaver) and 21% critical strike (from, say, a barbarian's axe mastery).

1 - [ ( 1 - .66 ) * ( 1 - .21 ) ]
1 - [ .34 * .79 ]
1 - .27
.73 (you have a 73% chance of doing double damage).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about anything here.

Edit: Just looked at AS and this appears to be correct, but just in a different form (just came up with this from memory).

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Oscuro said:
Edit: Just looked at AS and this appears to be correct, but just in a different form (just came up with this from memory).
The form you used is 1 minus the chance not to double dmg. It works, but it can be simpler:

CS + DS(1-CS)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Of course, 1 - (1-A)(1-B) = 1 - (1-B) + A(1-B) = B + A(1-B), but Oscuro's version is easier to understand IMO while the other might be easier to learn and recall from memory.