Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crimson_Omen's Dreamer Guide

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by CrimsonOmen, Apr 15, 2008.

1. CrimsonOmen

CrimsonOmen IncGamers Member

Crimson_Omen's Dreamer Guide

This is my experimental dreamer guide, currently in making. Even though I developed it myself, I got many of the ideas from other dreamer and auradin guides. Any full coincidence with other guides would be fully accidental.

Basic Info:

- Dual Dream only
    - 4 fps zeal
    - Fully elemental lightning damage
    - As much anti-resists and immunities as possible
    - Lots of life and ability to tank

This is basically what I want to achieve. This guide is not 100% solid (As I still haven't got a working model), so any ideas or helpful hints are very much welcome.

SKILLS:

To 4- Zeal 4 is because thats the number when you will get 5 hits on the zeal, and you dont need any more because our damage will be fully elemental. Only 1 point because your torch/anni and amulet should do it to +4.

20-Resist Lightning (Self-explanatory)

20-Salvation (-//-)

To 25- Conviction. You will probably will have to max it (+20). If your torch, anni, def skillers and amu bring it even higher, work with those numbers. I wouldnt trust CTA, but thats just me.

Prequests, 1 point

Holy shield, as much as possible

I would go with zeal first, and holy shield as the very last (But a point in it early on is very helpful, considering that you will be defenseless and weak until lvl 65 or so).

But I dont know, does it matter to later damage and abilities what skills I put in first? Please help!

ITEMS/GEAR:

Helmet- The absolute must is the runeword DREAM, prefferably in a bone visage (But that doesnt really matter).

Shield- Another must is the DREAM runeword. Best here would be a Sacred Targe Paladin shield with full possible resists. Other shields could work aswell, but atleast make sure its a paladin shield for the needed resists.
    Sacred Targe is preffered because it has the highest base block % of all paladin shields.

Io + Jah + Pul

10% Chance To Cast Level 15 Confuse When Struck
    Level 15 Holy Shock Aura When Equipped
    +20-30% Faster Hit Recovery (varies)
    +30% Enhanced Defense
    +150-220 Defense (varies)
    +10 To Vitality
    Increase Maximum Life 5% (Helms Only)
    +50 To Life (Shields Only)
    +0.625-61.875 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
    All Resistances +5-20 (varies)
    12-25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (varies)

Weapon- What you need here is the runeword CRESCENT MOON in a Phase Blade. Beautiful and much needed bonuses, like - Light resist and 20% IAS.

Crescent Moon 3 Socket Axes/Swords/Pol
    earms

Shael + Um + Tir

10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
    7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    +180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Ignore Target's Defense
    -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
    25% Chance of Open Wounds
    +9-11 Magic Absorb (varies)
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

Armor- Here you need an armor that gives you IAS aswell as some other good bonuses, to achieve our goal. You might consider and 3 socket archon plate with 1x 15% IAS jewel + 2x Rainbow Facet Jewels with -light resist. BUT there's a better option for the archon plate, cheap as hell- Griswold's Heart Armor! Better defense, + 20 strengh, + 2 to pala def skills, lower requirements!
    It already has a natural bonus of 3 sockets, so just put those jewels (+ 15% IAS, 2x Ranbow facets) and its even better.

Gloves- The choice here is the Laying of Hands gloves. The 20% IAS is needed for our 4fps goal, aswell as the phenomenal + 50 fire resists and massive damage boost vs demons.

Belt- I would take verdungo's here as it is a really great melee belt, but if you dont have it then use Nosferatu's Coil for its strengh bonus and LL.

Boots- Sandstorm Trek or anything else.

Rings and Amulet- I would simply take 2 ravenfrosts, and then a Highlord's Wrath amulet for its needed IAS boost.

This is pretty much it. You would have achieved 4 fps zeal, lots of anti- resists (Conviction+Crescent moon+Jewels in armor) aswell as massive lightning damage. Its also not so expensive.

Please suggest improvements, this is my first short guide here!

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Crimson_Omen's Dreamer Guide

Hmm... Write a section on Mercenary, what is best gear for him etc. I think you lack crowd control, so a Holy Freeze merc or another one with a Doom runeword (can be expensive) is a possibility. Otherwise, a Faithful Ice Rogue can provide you with Fanaticism, and then achieving 4 FPS zeal is a cinch.

Also, Conviction is an Offensive Aura, unlike you specified in the Conviction section. Also, the Def Auras on Griswold's Armor are pretty much useless, since your main skill is Conviction anyway. However, otherwise, it's a good armor to use as a base for socketing with Facets.

One mod on Crescent moon you just can't ignore is the ITD: it will help you greatly against non-boss monsters. However, it does not work vs. bosses, so a high amount of AR is still needed.

You also need some leech - since your physical damage is puny, you might want to pack your character with leech to at least get a chance at refilling your life bulb a little. I suggest switching out one Raven for a good +AR Life Leech (and possibly str/dex/res) rare ring. May get very expensive, though.

3. lesly

lesly IncGamers Member

2 ravanfrost?i don't think se dude!

secoind slot for ring should be bul kathos wedding band
    or a rare ring with some ar,ll,life/mana res!

also it's a little short guide,we have no kidn of idea how much dmg you do?what your merc us using(eq to aid your dual dream?)etc...etc...

it's your first guide so congrats to that!

on the otehr hand,there are so many dual dream guides,why would your be better then all teh other?

4. CrimsonOmen

You are both right, thanks alot of mentioning this, I totally forgot to write it.

Merc is certainly an act 2 defense nightmare.

Whoops, I think I looked at a different skill chart or I am just confused with conviction XD, but it being an offensive skill just makes life easier.

Btw, does conviction work vs bosses?

Well, use nosferatus for leach, or BK ring, I just liked dual raven because of lots of dex and absorb.

5. accipite

accipite IncGamers Member

a little confused here, why not using a 4 socketed armor.
    i would like to use Beast made by Caduceus, then i can free all other ias items. such as using Dracul's Grasp

6. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

There are already very comprehensive auradin guides out there, and this one is very short.

7. CrimsonOmen

You can use 4 socket armor, whatever really, but because griswolds is so cheap and handles all of this build's needs, getting an extra -3/5 light resist jewel and sacrificing all other bonuses isnt necessary.

Beast you say...read the guide again ktnxbai

Yes, I'm sure theres pages of other guides and whatnot, but non are the same.

8. accipite

what does ktnxbai means?

9. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

k thanks bye? only thing i could even manage to think of from bnet "speak"

10. accipite

oh~, i dont think he is looking for suggestions actually!

11. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Honestly...it doesn't seem like its a guide or anythin, more like this is my build help me on it.

12. Davidus

Davidus IncGamers Member

why you need other -res items? we have -150 from lvl25 conviction:p

"One mod on Crescent moon you just can't ignore is the ITD: it will help you greatly against non-boss monsters. However, it does not work vs. bosses, so a high amount of AR is still needed."

you dont need any AR with lvl25 conviction:) you can make it with like 2k AR

i suggest treachery for armor(you can use dracul's) and carrion wind for ctc tornados and high ll and poison resist

13. Davidus

Davidus IncGamers Member

or if you addicted to LoH you can use guardian angel witch is awesome:p but you need to socket it with ias jewel for 4fpa