Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

*cries*

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by 0takuPryd3, Feb 22, 2004.

1. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

*cries*

Yesterday, while doing a meph run, I saw the SOJ counter. I thought "Hey, maybe it's my lucky day" and decided to run Andy and the Pit (to the extent that a cold sorc with a weak merc can) and kill some monsters in act 1 for full juvs. The message continues to show regularly for about 20 minutes. Is this the counter "going crazy" or was it just something weird that happened and it meant he wasn't going to show up? I hope it's the latter, because I had to go to work.

2. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Sorry to say, but it sounds like he was on the way... Sad for you :(

3. FrankZappa

FrankZappa IncGamers Member

OMG you missed him! Don't be a f****** loser newb (nub, noob, etc...) quit your damned job and play all day everyday till your eyes bleed, your wang shrinks and your skin turns a nice shade of clear...... Good to see the XMAS smileys are gone.....I hated those evil llittle pricks :rant:
    Now quit your job, play more and run away everytime you see something with tit's (excluding the chubby kid down the street who may play the game too much as well) approaching you. :creep:

4. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

This most likely is / was a SARCASTIC approach.... but I believe it just abit overboard. U might be receiving a warning from good ole' ZF.... can't say for sure... but quite likely.

Wing

5. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

If you were in hell, Dclone was gonna spawn there eventually. Like I have said in previous posts on this subject, its all about patience at that point. You need to learn the rubberband technique for keeping a charachter stuck running next to the chest in Act 1. Have left games open all night that way and gotten up in the morning to the clone in the game. Someone said you could use this trick to have a charachter cast a passive spell continuosly, never tried that myself.

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

So what do you guys classify as a "hot" server... if the SOJ Counter goes off at all, or does it have to go off a couple times? For a few minutes? For half an hour?

7. mali

mali IncGamers Member

No Wing, I believe the guy's just a plain ol' garden-variety jerk.
    Even if it was done in jest, to use that much profanity is merely childish (and note: that has nothing to do with age...).
    And if it was done in sarcasm? Well, 'tis said in RL that it's the lowest form of wit - and trying to type sarcastically??? Enough said!

Bad luck on DClone Otaku...

Cheers

8. irish2

irish2 IncGamers Member

Good question from PhatTrumpet, and one I've been wondering about as well. If the counter goes off once, is that worth staying in, or does it need to go off a bunch of times in a certain amount of time? What exactly constitutes a "hot" server?

Ed

9. Corndog

Corndog IncGamers Member

If I get one message I hang around the game for a bit. Usually if your on a hot server the messages will come no more than 1-2 minutes apart, but sometimes the sellers take breaks. I have seen games very active go dead for 20-30 minutes then the selling starts again. I also documented earlier a situation where I had an active game go dead and then the seller start up again a couple hours later, but that is an unusal situation I think. I just didnt want to give up on that game that day. It helps alot to have a second computer to hold active games for you, that way you can continue playing.

Good luck in your hunt.