Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

cresent moon question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by dkay, Apr 4, 2004.

1. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

cresent moon question

i just made a trapsin (lvl 62 now) and i found an um in nm hell forge :D
    i looked at the rune words and saaw "cresent moon" and was wondering if the - resisit tance works with the traps.. i heard tat the + 5% lighting dmg part of the lighting facet jewels dont work on traps cuz thier considered to be a minion.. but will the -% part work? tnx

o also.. im planning to make a trapper kicker..
    ive maxed ls ds and 13ish in cbs
    how should i spread the rest of my skills to make a trap kicker? rest in venom?

2. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

From what I've seen is that %-resist on enemies doesn't work with minion based skills. Since you're not inflicting the dmg yourself.

3. BigBadBrett

BigBadBrett IncGamers Member

Would a Crescent Moon work if the Merc used it ??

4. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

The 'Crescent Moon' on your Merc would increase the damage of his direct lightning damage(and spells...hm....this could make Act3 Lightning Mercs viable), but not your own spells/skills.

5. Watzit2ya

Watzit2ya IncGamers Member

The - Resistance would work. If your on Us-east ill give you an already made Crescent moon phase blade for your um. Finding the 3 socket phase blade is annoying... and this will save you time! Hit me back, or in game its *Roysta59

The - Lightning % will not work on a Merc for you either.

6. BigBadBrett

Well, my idea was to equip an act2 merc a crescent moon polearm/spear and lay my LS traps. Specifically to combat hell Baal. Surely once the merc hits him his lightning resistance will drop 35%. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A reminder for myself, the stats are;

+(180-220)% Enhanced Damage
    +(9-11) Magic Absorb
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    Ignores Target's Defense
    25% Chance of Open Wounds
    +2 Mana After Each Kill
    7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
    10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
    -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistances
    Level18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

This combo into an eth elite polearm/spear would make a reasonable weapon (if -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistances works)

7. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

I dont think -resist works that way on items. Here's how I think it works

You cast Spell "Stupidify" on npc with 30% Stupidify resist, Game has stupidify work at 70% efficiency.

Same scenario, but you have "Wand of extra stupid" that reduces enemy stupid resist by 20%. So the game takes that and the enemy stupidify resist into account and has stupidify do 90% damage. The npc's resist does not actually go down, it's influence on the spells of the person wielding the item is all that is impacted. Meaning, if your buddy casts "stupidify" on the same creature, it will still only work at 70% efficiency, since he has no wand of extra stupid.

Thusly, -enemy resistance will never help you unless you can equip the item onto the trap itself.

8. BigBadBrett

Thanks, I won't waste um to test it now!

9. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The "-% resist' works the same as the Cold Mastery does for a sorc. It does not work like conviction aura or lower resistance. The resistance is only lowered for attacks originating from the char. with the "-% resist" this is why traps don't gain the "-% resist" . Since they are not char originating damage the "-% resist" is not applied. Likewise if you give the -% resist item to your merc the enemy resistance will not be lowered for you. It would be like you were partied with a FO sorc the sorcs' cold damage would get the benefit of her Cold Mastery but you would not get the benefit.