Cresent Moon and Mercs

mr-gommez

Diabloii.Net Member
Cresent Moon and Mercs

I was wondering if you gave cresent moon to a merc would it give all enemys -35% light res for you aswell or just for him. So would it be decent for a javazons merc?

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
If a merc has dual Phoenix and his targets are standing in your Meteor or Firewall they'll take the -%fr damage from your Meteor everytime your merc hits them though right?

dang79

Diabloii.Net Member
Sokar Rostau said:
If a merc has dual Phoenix and his targets are standing in your Meteor or Firewall they'll take the -%fr damage from your Meteor everytime your merc hits them though right?
Not sure, but I don't think it works that way.

A merc is just another character in your party, if it were to work that way, you could stack -FR% across the entire 8 player party and that would be quite an enormous -%

I think the -FR% works strictly for the attacks of the person equipped with it, regardless of any other attacks happening simultaneously.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Sokar Rostau said:
When interpolating what RTB said, probably not. If it were something like an aura, a warcry or a curse, then it would work, but I guess it works more like cold mastery from a sorc which others don't benefit from, too.

mr-gommez

Diabloii.Net Member
So in conclusion a javazon that has a merc with that runeword would get no damage benefit from the items lower res?
I dont expect that any other party members would i was just wondering about the specific player with the merc equiped.
Because you could then put it into 2 phaseblades and put it on a act5 hireling to give a -70% light res to all your enemys

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
mr-gommez said:
So in conclusion a javazon that has a merc with that runeword would get no damage benefit from the items lower res?
Yes...it will only work for the damage the merc gives. Act 5 hirelings can't dualwield...