Crescent Moon

hearshot03.

Diabloii.Net Member
Crescent Moon

Hey everyone! Im a newer member to the forum. This is actually my second post so far on the SPF and I love everyone here. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. But anyways, I was looknig at some of the runewords and something caught my eye about Crescent Moon. I was wondering if it would be effective to use this runeword with a mercenary because of the -35% to enemy lightning resist. Could this be a good possible combo with a Javazon or Lightning Sorc maybe? Is this stat strong enough to be useful? If anyone has any imput on this that would be wonderful. I was actually thinking about making a javazon with my next character, so maybe I could do some testing out.

Thank you,
hearshot

Sicarius_J

Diabloii.Net Member
hearshot03. said:
I was wondering if it would be effective to use this runeword with a mercenary because of the -35% to enemy lightning resist. Could this be a good possible combo with a Javazon or Lightning Sorc maybe?
If I recall correctly, the -35% LR only applies to attacks that the character who has the item equipped directly makes with said item. In other words, the -35% LR would not "stick" to a monster that your merc attacks, therefore making it easier for you to kill it with a lightning based skill. If you were a tesladin however, or were using some similar lightning dmg melee skill, and had a CM weapon equipped, the negative resist mod would take place. Despite all that, I still think CM is an excellent runeword to have on any character (or merc) on account of the chance to cast static field.
I think that's right...though perhaps someone could verify it?
Sic.

Select

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah the -35 res only works on your attacks when you are using it...It does have a good percent chance to cast static field, and a little open wounds and all that stuff...Its like the second Light saber(well to me it reminds me of it at least) it is a very good merc weapon. static is great. its also great in a phase blade for many builds...maybe a berzerker axe for a more well rounded weapon to be used on more than one character....definatly worth every rune.

kissthis

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep a good one

This is a great and fairly cheap runeword. It's excellent in a Balrog Blade on my barb and my barb Merc. The static field is a great bonus and the chain lightning goes off a lot. The -35% lightning res to enemies is really good with the chain lightning going every couple seconds in a battle. I think the runeword wouldn't be as effective on a sorc though, because this stuff mostly works with direct hitting ("...on striking"), not spells.

Artemis

Diabloii.Net Member
According to recent experts, the -35% lightning res applies to all attacks that the equipping character makes, melee or not. Think of it as having 7 rainbow jewels.

The runeword is still good for sorcs, just keep in mind that it only works in swords, polearms (not spears), and axes.

StarWarz2

Diabloii.Net Member
I managed to make one last night in a Phase Blade I found (nice Pit, good Pit ... :D) and my BF 'sin is looking at using it when she gets to level 54. Should be interesting. :) She's sticking to items that have ITD on them (for obvious reasons) and this one will do nicely ... :) Lotsa damage and all kinds of nifty effects. Who knows? She just might have a use for the Spirit Wolves (as distractions if nothing else).

Anybody know how expensive it is to replace the charges?

Cheers!

Hythopian Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
According to the Arreat Summit, "1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully repaired weapon. The weapon will also be recharged. Does not work with ethereal items." If its too expensive to repair on a regular basis for practical purposes, there's always this option.

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Hythopian Shade said:
According to the Arreat Summit, "1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully repaired weapon. The weapon will also be recharged. Does not work with ethereal items." If its too expensive to repair on a regular basis for practical purposes, there's always this option.
IIRC the recipe needs a chipped amethyst to recharge the weapon as well as repair it.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrm...

Crescent Moon + Hwanin's Armor = Good chance to cast static field... let him jump in a pack and wear them down to nothing!