Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crescent moon merc weapon

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Tao_of_Xero, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Tao_of_Xero

Tao_of_Xero IncGamers Member

Crescent moon merc weapon

I found a three socketed eth warpike yesterday in the pit and I want to make the crescent moon(shael-um-tir)runeword in it,but before I waste the warpike,does it qualify as a "polearm" class weapon?

2. Dire_Wulf

Dire_Wulf IncGamers Member

well, to maximize the effectiveness of the runeword, you want a weapon that is as fast as possible. Although the damage on the warpike is very good, the merc will attack very slowly with it. I would hold out for a weapon with 0 base speed or faster... but if you have Um's to throw around.. knock yourself out.

3. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

Dont think it will work in a warpike, since thats "spear class", where items like G.poleaxe and G.thresher is "polearm class", but Im not certain..

4. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

yup, warpike is a spear so the crescent moon won't work in it. The only thing I could see using that pike for is "Fury" (Jah Gul Eth) Jah has gottenquite expensive while gul is easily obtained these days. there are better choices for your merc but if you have the runes to spare I think a Fury eth Warpike would be fun.If you want to make a crescent moon then look for an eth 3 sock ogre axe or great poleaxe.