Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crescent Moon For A2 Merc

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Higher_Wisdom, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Higher_Wisdom

Higher_Wisdom IncGamers Member

Crescent Moon For A2 Merc

I'm just wondering what kind of weapon would be best for this runeword for an A2 merc. High Damage and speed is what i'm looking for.

2. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

Any of the three best elite polearms should be good. Ethereal of course.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

^ The three best? I assume you would be referring to cryptic axe, great poleaxe, giant thresher? All fair choices - but I would be leaning towards the cryptic axe or great poleaxe moreso than the giant thresher.

4. Higher_Wisdom

Higher_Wisdom IncGamers Member

Thank you for helping me out.

5. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

I'd be inclined to say that the cresent moon runeword is probably one of the rare times the faster weapon outdoes the bigger damage weapon on the mercs jab. Simply because the faster he attacks, the sooner/more often he casts static.

Which is why an eth cresent moon polearm is the best merc weapon in the game ;)

6. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

If that were true, I should have gotten better offers for my Eth 3 socket giant thresher than an Io :\ USW Ladder *Celandro if you are interested lol ;).

But seriously, I think an eth 5 socket cryptic axe or giant thresher with doom in it would be better than a crescent moon. Eth Reapers Toll probably beats it too. Of course, Im a light sorc so I really dont need a merc to cast static field for me so I might be biased ;)

7. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Heh, Celandro, they just don't know. I have eth Doom...I have eth Reapers. I use eth Cresent Moon, and will not go back. There is nothing a merc can do to cause more damage than static...and it's a GOOD level 13 static with -35% lightning resist. Particularly when you apply that to multi-player games.

The only char I don't use one on is, like you, my sorc ;)
    I do however switch back to eth cresent moon with her when doing cows and such (merc cresent moon is pure carnage in there).

I can tell you one prob you're having...it's a giant thresher. High str requirements...merc has to be well into the 80's. The lower ones are much easier to trade.

8. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

I'm currently searching for a weapon of this king to make crescent moon.
    I want to test it compare to my eth ariocs +4all skills.

Eth Giant Thresner would probably be a good choice for me and i'll give more than an Io... /m *anksun2

max damage way under thresner but better min damage...
    I was thinking doing it in the eth ogre axe i have found but after very very quick time... i decided speed was wayyy to high to be worth doing it.