Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Creating stash on GoMule

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jokken, Mar 31, 2018.

1. jokken

jokken Diabloii.Net Member

Hi everyone,

Picked up Diablo 2 again for the first time in years. I used to play single player without any add ons so discovering things like ATMA and GoMule made MF so much easier!

However I can't figure out how to create a new stash on GoMule. Every time I click the new ATMA stash it opens up the GoMule folder itself and I don't know where to go from there. As it stands I'm using the clipboard as my 'stash' but it's incredibly annoying since items are arranged in the order I've added them, and I can't use the clipboard to search.

Can anyone help a newbie out?

Disclaimer: I'm playing it on a Mac so I can't use ATMA. Also not super great with computers (the fact I'm gaming on a Mac should be explanation enough:() thanks!

2. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

In the worst case scenario you could just create a few new characters and add them to the project and mule the items like that. I did that for awhile until I realized how much easier the stashes are.

I click on the little white piece of paper looking icon right beside where it says stash to create a New ATMA Stash, and in the File name just put whatever you want to call it, Runes, Sets, Gems, Jewels, etc or just throw everything in one stash. Click on New Stash and it should be in the stashes drop down to the left. I dont have a Mac so I am not sure if GoMule looks different on a Mac, but it should be the same. Good luck!!!

Jamie likes this.
  3. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

I use gomule, hope this is helpful. On my explanation for 'save', I have a typo. It should be 'things' instead of 'this'.

As for where to go once you click 'new stash', you say that it takes you to your gomule folder. In the 'new stash' popup that comes up there is a button to create a new folder at the top right.

I recommend taking this opportunity to create a new folder titled "Stashes", and then use that folder as your holding place for all your stash files.

So, once you've created the new folder and named it 'Stashes', double click on that folder.

Once inside your newly created 'Stashes' folder, simple give the stash whatever name you'll find descriptive (e.g. 'Runes', 'Uniques', 'Sets', etc.) in the 'file name' text box near the bottom.

Boom, you've created your stash, and it will have been automatically added to whatever project you're currently working in.

Also, since all your items are currently sitting in your clipboard, what I think would be fastest would be to use the 'drop all' function to dump all your items into one stash to start with. Then, open up that stash and use the checkboxes along the top of the stash window to categorize by unique, or set, or however you decide you want to organize your items. That way you can quickly go through your currently unorganized items and gather them into new stashes, instead of depositing items one-by-one from your clipboard into whatever new stashes that you create.

Oh, and I don't use a mac...so I hope what I've written is still applicable.

P.S. Part of the reasoning for having a separate folder for your stash files is two-fold. One, for organization. Super messy to have all your stash files in the same area next to your gomule.exe, and the random .txt files, etc. Two, in case you decide you want to join a tournament here that doesn't allow you use any items except for whatever your character finds in the tourney (also known as untwinked) you'll definitely want to have a separate folder to hold all these new stash files. Even if you name them differently ('Uniques' instead of 'Unique') there's a good chance you'll get mixed up along the way. Especially for when you're navigating Gomule for your regular characters and you need to add a stash to access your items. You'll have no idea which stashes relate to your untwinked character, and which are your normal stashes.

Similarly, if you play both Softcore and Hardcore you'll want to have a separate folder to hold all your hardcore stashes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    jokken and Mazik like this.
  4. jokken

jokken Diabloii.Net Member

That's a brilliant guide, exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks

5. Jocular

Jocular Diabloii.Net Member

Glad it's helpful! Also, I just realized that I accidentally wrote gomule.exe instead of gomule.jar, but I'm sure you knew what I meant.

6. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

I just have two projects, one for my untwinked 99er and the other for everything else since I don’t plan on starting a different untwinked 99er anytime soon. That picture does show some things I was not sure about though. I tried to go about it in as simple a way as possible since I am still a little noid about screwing things up.