Crazy Trade [Necro Related Story]

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Trade [Necro Related Story]

Since the people at the Trade Values forum rarely respond I decided to bring this to the attention of my trusty Necromancer brethren.

I was in a Baal Run game when some guy decided to trade me his 32 resist HOTO and a Stone of Jordan for my measley 20 resist Maras. Was this guy crazy? Did item values drop overnight? Or did my necromantic luck finally pull through?

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
There are 3 possibilities to this persons behaviour!

1. Scammer!
2. Real desperate for maras!
3. Had too many HOTOS and SOJS :p

Edit: Yes you made a good deal! :D i dont think that the runeword or soj are duped. Enjoy your items! ;)

/Dec

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
You apparently found a guy willing to pay what you needed for what he needed, and both got happy!
I'd say you made a good deal

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
It's all about need, so I would suggest the guy was just desperate for a maras. I have traded a perfect diamond for a shako to someone who had to have the pdiamond right then, and just the other day I was willing to give one of my limbs for an IK belt. I couldn't get a response in the forums and nobody in the trade channels seemed to have one. My pally could not advance without it, and no other item would do (I needed the belt/gloves combo.) Its not on the same level as hoto + soj, but I was willing to (and did) overpay for an item I needed immediately.

It happens sometimes.

scampi2

Diabloii.Net Member
i once gave 5 hrs for each pb skiller
all the skillers were 20-24 life :)

yeah i needed them desperate too...

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Theriverstyx said:
wow thats lucky. maybe he just thoguht your maras were worth alot :cool:
Lol he seemed pretty desperate. He even asked "Does anyone else have a higher Mara's?" When no one answered, he accepted mine. I wasn't hesistant to check that box. :uhhuh:

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Gix said:
Lol he seemed pretty desperate. He even asked "Does anyone else have a higher Mara's?" When no one answered, he accepted mine. I wasn't hesistant to check that box. :uhhuh:
Damn, that rules out my hypothesis that he thought 20 was perf.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
Damn, that rules out my hypothesis that he thought 20 was perf.
I remember this guy gave me a Jah rune for my gorerider. It still hasn't poofed yet.

Din moscha

Diabloii.Net Member
Normal countess takes several seconds to find and kill ;)
And i didnt think about her at that moment (damn sexy javazon in party)