Crazy Preacher Day. . .

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
See, that's the thing, these guys use obscure passages from the Bible to interpret what they have to say. I browsed around thier website, and evertime someone refuted what they were, they backed up all thier claims with solid scriptural referances.
At school, a real Christian tried to use his Bible to prove them wrong with other scripture references, but he was using the NIV and the preachers said the the King James is the only real interpretation of the Lords' Word, and they refused to let him speak beacuse his translation of the Bible is unGodly.

As much as I hate these guys, they're very good at what they do, and they have a solid argument for every rebuttal, even though thier view of Christianity is horribly skewed.
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
See, that's the thing, these guys use obscure passages from the Bible to interpret what they have to say. I browsed around thier website, and evertime someone refuted what they were, they backed up all thier claims with solid scriptural referances.
At school, a real Christian tried to use his Bible to prove them wrong with other scripture references, but he was using the NIV and the preachers said the the King James is the only real interpretation of the Lords' Word, and they refused to let him speak beacuse his translation of the Bible is unGodly.

As much as I hate these guys, they're very good at what they do, and they have a solid argument for every rebuttal, even though thier view of Christianity is horribly skewed.
I'll bet I could beat them. I use the KJV. It'd be good practice anyway.
 

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Stompwampa said:
Oh I'm sure I could get enough people together to do it. . . I'm not sure what exactly would come of it though. . .
Nothing would come of it, unfortunately. They are convinced, and nothing will change them. Although you might make CNN or something if you do it :rolleyes:
just wait til thier Judgment Day when God says "Not so well done, bad and unfaithful servant. . . to the fire with you!"
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, but we can only hope they will realize the error of their ways before that day comes.

dondrei said:
I'll bet I could beat them. I use the KJV. It'd be good practice anyway.
I would consider paying to see that. If you do end up doing this, be sure to post it.
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
SaroDarksbane said:
Seriously. Women shouldn't wear anything but dresses. Or skirts. Skirts are okay as long as they touch the woman's toes.
Meh, I'm gonna start my own religion, everyone starts worshipping me or get a holy bolt in the rear.
Every woman that wears anything at all goes straight to hell :rolleyes:

Seriously, are these guys allowed on campus, aren't factories & schools restricted area for "personel" only, it's not like you're in a mall orso?
Freedom of speech is all good and well, but you're not legally allowed to harrass people in a restricted area, only in a public one?

We can't sell stuff for the good cause on public places and we're not allowed to do weird stuff, yet they can preach all they want? Just because they 'think' they are right?

About the jehovas, we have a big iron gate and a big black dog, I've yet to see the first one that would be able to reach our door :grin:
 

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I know I can get them on abortion. Maybe homosexuality. I bet I can also find a lot of teachings that contradict other things in the Bible. It'll take some time though, and I'm busy for the next few days.
 

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Seriously, are these guys allowed on campus, aren't factories & schools restricted area for "personel" only, it's not like you're in a mall orso?
Freedom of speech is all good and well, but you're not legally allowed to harrass people in a restricted area, only in a public one?
At least here, the campus is downtown and has public sidewalks running through it, so yeah, anyone can stand around and say whatever they want to. Inside the buildings though, you can get kicked out. In fact, an old homeless guy who collects soda cans on campus was banned from approaching the campus because one of his friends is a teacher in one the buildings and he regularly got a bag of cans she'd collected. And then there was a huge fuss in the editorial section of the school newspaper and the local police eventually caved and let him back.
 

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
bg1256 said:
Nothing would come of it, unfortunately. They are convinced, and nothing will change them. Although you might make CNN or something if you do it :rolleyes:
Yea, that would be cool. I've been researching my Bible non-stop the last couple of days, and I've found literally dozens of passages that contradict thier teachings, and then I've even found the passages they quote and found what the real translations of those passages are supposed to mean. I'm going to have this all written down for next semester. Even if it doesn't do any good, I'll at least feel better for putting up a solid fight rather than sinking to thier low and screaming obsenities back at them.

bg1256 said:
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen, but we can only hope they will realize the error of their ways before that day comes.
I hate to say it, but yea, I agree. . .


bg1256 said:
I would consider paying to see that. If you do end up doing this, be sure to post it.
Yes, for sure post it , dondrei if you ever get the oppurtunity to do this ;-) And I'd pay to see it too ;-)
 

bladesyz

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometimes, the only cure for these kinds of people is a sound beating.

Oh, it won't change their opinions, but at least it'll make you feel better. :)

It's also funny how these people can spout hate speech everyday without repercussions, while people making jokes about 9/11 and terrorism gets hauled off by the FBI.
 

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
bladesyz said:
Sometimes, the only cure for these kinds of people is a sound beating.

Oh, it won't change their opinions, but at least it'll make you feel better. :)

It's also funny how these people can spout hate speech everyday without repercussions, while people making jokes about 9/11 and terrorism gets hauled off by the FBI.

A sound beating won't do any good either. . . they'll just sue the school anyways. At least, that's what the rumors floating around say.
 

Machina

Diabloii.Net Member
Not these guys specifically, but similar sorts. They usually hang around the centre of the main shopping area in the city. Then they go around shouting at people about how they should repent for their sins etc.

From what I can tell they do it all year round. I find it intimidating and rude, I avoid them as much as I possibly can.
 

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Machina said:
Not these guys specifically, but similar sorts. They usually hang around the centre of the main shopping area in the city. Then they go around shouting at people about how they should repent for their sins etc.

From what I can tell they do it all year round. I find it intimidating and rude, I avoid them as much as I possibly can.
It IS intimidating and rude. How's that for a way to spread your faith? Let's me rude and vulgar and turn people off from our religion forever! Then they'll burn in Hell, and we'll be right, because, hey, we told them that's where they were going!
 

Bortaz

Banned
Just a reminder to you all that these people are the fringe elements of Christianity...kooks and fanatics. EVERY religion has them, and to whoever it was that said you never see Jews or Hindus doing crazy crap, you need to read the news some more.
 
Bortaz said:
Just a reminder to you all that these people are the fringe elements of Christianity...kooks and fanatics. EVERY religion has them, and to whoever it was that said you never see Jews or Hindus doing crazy crap, you need to read the news some more.
The results from google:

Search terms Results

Christian Activists - 13.4 million hits
Jewish Activists - 5.6 million
Hindu Activists - 1.85 million
Islamic Activists - 5.5 million

So maybe I was wrong. It just seems that the Muslim religion and Christianity have a much greater percentage of the nutjobs.
 

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
In Berkeley we had the Hate Man. He was an old homeless guy who pushed a shopping cart full of toys and assorted junk. He wore combat boots and a pink dress and had a massive beard. His job was to scream invective at proselytizers, and he did his job very well.

The Christian speakers would fight the good fight, turning the other cheek and saying "I love you" to him, which he would always respond to with "I HATE YOU." If you wanted to have a chat with Hate Man you had to tell him you hated him. Then it was all out in the open and you were on even ground and you could shoot the breeze about foreign policy or his toy collection or whatever.
 

Bortaz

Banned
CandidusMortis said:
The results from google:

Search terms Results

Christian Activists - 13.4 million hits
Jewish Activists - 5.6 million
Hindu Activists - 1.85 million
Islamic Activists - 5.5 million

So maybe I was wrong. It just seems that the Muslim religion and Christianity have a much greater percentage of the nutjobs.


That couldn't have anything to do with the relative numbers of adherents for each religion, could it?

Naw.

DurfBarian said:
In Berkeley we had the Hate Man. He was an old homeless guy who pushed a shopping cart full of toys and assorted junk. He wore combat boots and a pink dress and had a massive beard. His job was to scream invective at proselytizers, and he did his job very well.

The Christian speakers would fight the good fight, turning the other cheek and saying "I love you" to him, which he would always respond to with "I HATE YOU." If you wanted to have a chat with Hate Man you had to tell him you hated him. Then it was all out in the open and you were on even ground and you could shoot the breeze about foreign policy or his toy collection or whatever.
That sounds like a toned down Smeg. :wink2:
 
CandidusMortis said:
The results from google:

Search terms Results

Christian Activists - 13.4 million hits
Jewish Activists - 5.6 million
Hindu Activists - 1.85 million
Islamic Activists - 5.5 million

So maybe I was wrong. It just seems that the Muslim religion and Christianity have a much greater percentage of the nutjobs.
Doesn't the search just prove that the Christian Activists get the most coverage?

You also have to take into account the numbers of people who say they are that religion. There are a lot more Christians than Hindu and Jewish.
 

bladesyz

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
In Berkeley we had the Hate Man. He was an old homeless guy who pushed a shopping cart full of toys and assorted junk. He wore combat boots and a pink dress and had a massive beard. His job was to scream invective at proselytizers, and he did his job very well.

The Christian speakers would fight the good fight, turning the other cheek and saying "I love you" to him, which he would always respond to with "I HATE YOU." If you wanted to have a chat with Hate Man you had to tell him you hated him. Then it was all out in the open and you were on even ground and you could shoot the breeze about foreign policy or his toy collection or whatever.
That sounds so cool!
 
Top