Crazy Meleemancer Idea!

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Meleemancer Idea!

I was exploring threads and websites and came up with this idea for a necro. Sorry if this was brought up before.

Stats:
Enough Str for equipment
Enough Dex for max block
Rest into Vitality
None into Energy

Skills:
Max Poison Dagger
1 Clay Golem
1 Golem Mastery
1 into all Curses

Now you can either choose the bone route or summon route.

Bone Route:
Max Bone Spirit
Max Bone Spear
Max Bone Wall
33 Bone Prison (Marrowwalks..yea it's a bug and I'll utilize it so long as Hammerdins are gods)

Summon Route:
Max Skeleton Mastery
Max Raise Skeleton
1-20 Skeleton Mages
1-20 Bone Wall
33 Bone Prison (Again, Marrowwalks)

Equipment:
Weapon: Venom Runeword Fanged Knife
Venom
3 Socket Weapons
Tal + Dol + Mal
Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
Prevent Monster Heal
Ignore Target's Defense
7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Level 15 Poison Explosion (27 Charges)
Level 13 Poison Nova (11 Charges)
+273 Poison Damage Over 6 seconds

This is important because it will synergize Poison Dagger.

Now you can be a meleemancer and a minor summoner/caster at the same time! I have yet to decide on gear and charms. It might be tough to incorporate +skills gear and melee gear but its worth a shot. Not for serious gamers who want to "pwn" in PvP obviously.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
not a bad idea. not bad at all.

mixing caster/fighting gear wouldnt be too hard.

Helmet: Crown of ages with a -req jewel and something else. +2 skills, res all circlet, shako
Weapon: venom.
Armour: CoH, vipermagi
Shield: Homu....nothing else n00bs
Gloves: 20% IAS gloves
Belt: arachnid mesh could go REALLY well here. it has slow AND casting stats
Boots: marrowwalks
Jewelry: angelic ring/ammy combo n ravenfrost(for big ar n cbf) or ravenfrost, maras and a mana leech ring.

Charms:
Lots of AR. lots and lots of AR

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Gix said:
by who? when? where?
Using Venom with a maxed PDagger has been suggested before and tried by a few members. I think it is new to mix it with the maxed Bone route.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Using Venom with a maxed PDagger has been suggested before and tried by a few members. I think it is new to mix it with the maxed Bone route.
How has it worked out for those who have tried it?

Mad Mantis

Gix said:
How has it worked out for those who have tried it?
From what I remember it gave a decent attack. Optimising gear for both applications proved to be doable, but some compromises were needed.

Gix

Diabloii.Net Member
A caster-melee char is like "Am i gunna poke yer eye out with a knife or am I gunna blast you with a magical spear?"

Unpredictable. Maybe good for PvP? Yet to be discovered

Mad Mantis

Gix said:
Unpredictable. Maybe good for PvP? Yet to be discovered
PvP usually has higher demands on gear than PvM. It might be more difficult to balance the Caster and Melee aspects. If you can pull it off, it certainly will surprise your enemies.

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
Ah, crud. I just suggested this in the other thread without reading this one first.

USE FLESHRIPPER.
Then you'll lose alot of the poison dagger synergies from Venom...

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I suspect the only time you'll want to pull out the P-Dagger is on bosses and against magic immunes. Bone kills fast and safely from a distance. It's going to be hard to get the gear to jive to adequately support both a melee and caster character.

I have another melee necro idea but it has the skill point allocations are Summons
HOWEVER I DIDNT TEST THIS SO IM DOUBTING ABOUTT HE BUILD

gear
Coa (cham+ber)
Enigma
angelix STuff
Verdungo
Beast Zerk + Homoculus vs non element or seperate resist shields 4 PGEms in a shield depending on Enemy vs element
Bloodfist
Any boots with FHR res Def str dex stats whatever

skills are
skeleton master+melee skeletons+mage skeleton+ Bone Armor

transform to a beast and gather some corpes then detransform to get army then retransform to a beast HOPING THAT UR MINIONS WILL NOT DIE

if the army dies when transforming to bear then screw it ... if minions do not die then this build should work.

can someone test this?

k0d3

Diabloii.Net Member
i tried the Venom runeword about a month back but i wanted to mix it with my summoner... went well but like i was told when i posted the idea... it has its limits and the dagger lacks or any real power midway through hell... another thing is that ur pretty much stuck with Pdagger since the charges are insanely expensive to repair.