Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crazy Glitch?!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by comokenyatta, Apr 14, 2005.

1. comokenyatta

comokenyatta IncGamers Member

Crazy Glitch?!

Hi guys...didn't know where else I could post this.

I was going through act 1 in Hell diff. with my throw barb (who PWNS, by the way), and came across a unique raptor nest with minions (other nests) and everything. It was really wierd...is this normal, cuz it's the first time ive ever seen it.

2. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

normal? yes.
    common? hell no :)
    what's even more rare? dying to one of those things :)

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

You mean those nests that squirt those little buggers out? I've seen a lot of those. The most I've seen was like 5 of them stuck together really close and its kinda strange.

4. comokenyatta

comokenyatta IncGamers Member

yah, I guess it's not that uncommon...I just need to play in Hell difficulty more often...God, I feel like a newb ;)

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

2 things i have seen happen so far that are really uncommon.

1. this isnt all that uncommon but just strange when you see what i am talking about.
    Have you and a friend join a game. Have the friend go afk. Remaber which direction they are facing. Run away from them till you do not see them on your map. Then run back to them. You will see that they changed directions.

2. This is really uncommon but minnons of destruction make you loose exp when they hit you.

6. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Yeah right.....Bull**it

7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

He's right. I've seen people loose exp when they got hit. Sometimes they even drop gold and potions when that happens, but not always.

8. XDoomasX

Still can't believe this,exp gold potion lose...how's that possible,in my 4 years of playing never saw and never heard of this kind of stuff....

9. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

So you never died? Congrats.

10. XDoomasX

When they got hit? well yeah if it's KO hit then absolutly death takes exp not Listers punch... :rolleyes:

11. xpumafangx

No its worse then dieing I have lost levels to them. See I am not being fulling honest about it. When that happened to me I was playing on open to do a test. I was using some items that well lets just say they had alot of more exp gained. What I found is that when fighting minnons every hit they did to me I lost exp by a lot.

So what I am telling you is even tho when you get hit by a minnon yes you do loose exp. But the truth is not by a large enuff amount for it to be noticed. I did start a thread here not to long ago like last week or the week before talking all about it. I checked back the next day, and bam it was gone. I think hal deleted it and thats fine by me. He is the mod. I will not question his judgement. I just saw a way to talk about it in this thread and wanted every one to know about it. Maybe with the prgrams my friend where using to make the items I was using could have effected the game rules. But maybe it was the items I was using as well. I have not done a new test in single player so I do not know for shure.

But ya thats the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me god.
    Now call me a liar all you want.

12. Griffin

Griffin IncGamers Member

I don't think that you're lying, and I don't find losing experience when they hit that hard to believe. I have to question one thing though...you say you've lost LEVELS to them? Is that an exaggeration? I can't see how you could possibly go down a level, the game simply doesn't support it, as far as I know. What if you leveled up, spent your stat and skill points, and then lost that level? It just doesn't seem possible. What actually happened with that?

13. xpumafangx

I said lost levels what I mean by that is I went from level 58 to level 41, with out dieing. You see my theory about this is simple, I was on open bnet. Not closed bnet like most people that play here. Now also know that open bnet is very useful to test things out. Like for say you want to know what is the most damage you can do, like how fast can you really attack, or how about what is the best way for you to fight diablo clone.

People that use open bnet to test things eather have a program that lets them do the tests they wanted done or have a friend that does. I for one have a friend that does. At that time I had around +3000% more exp gained from my armor alone. Also I was using small charms that gave me 100% exp gained per charm. I had like around 6 spaces left in my inv.

So what I am telling you is this.
    +##% more exp gained is a double edge sword it will make you loose exp when being attacked from minnons of destruction just as easyly as it would give you exp from killing a monster.

Also it effects you every time you get hit by them even tho you have never seen it because you never really watched your exp, because of your exp loose is tooo small to really tell. That is inless you actly looked. Here try it your self. Do a baal run alone. But stop attacking when the minnons of destruction show yup. before you attack them write down your exp, all of it. Then let them attack you write it down after 1 hit from a minnon and one hit from lester. Compair it to what you started out with. Also try it with a anni and that staff as well.

14. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Ondals.

10chars

15. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

hmm well if you really can loose levels... then you could go to lvl 70 take your anni on take the stats and skills and let the minions of destruction (MOD's;)) hit you until you go 1 lvl down? And then kill them get one lvl and get 5 new stat points and 1 new skill point?? And do that over and over again until you have something like 300k of Vita? And all skills maxed?

16. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I would suspect that this has something to do with the ridiculously massive amounts of +% exp gear you have, such as a buffer overflow in the code that's causing a wrap around to a negative number. Regardless though, we cannot talk about hacks here, which is why I had to delete your other post.

-Hal

17. xpumafangx

I was wondering why you did that hal, I understand I will stop right now.

18. Shlongor

Shlongor IncGamers Member

What's funny is seeing someone die to coldworm the burrower when it's LE.

19. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Nah, whats funny is seeing someone die to a quill rat. Especially if its in a pub duel.