Crafting: What is the level needed?

Neoblitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Crafting: What is the level needed?

hi all:

Recently I've been craftign some caster ammies with my lvl 90 pally, and i realized that all of the ammys have only been getting 2 to a skill tree at most. What is the level needed to craft +2 to a cahracter ammies? I remember something about gambling +2 to a character ammies at lvl 92, im not sure if this is true or not. Can anyone clarify this? or point me in a general direction. Thanks!

skihard

Banned
to get all mods possible you need a lvl 92 character and items dropped from a boss in level 85 areas or lvl **+ items.

but to simplify, take the number next to the Mod you desire on AS and you have to example +2 skills (90) on amulet. you need to take cLvl 92/2 (46) +iLvl **/2 (44) = 46+44 = 90 the level of the mod you want.

If the iLvl goes down the cLvl has to go up. iLvL for any 85 area drop = 85 minimum. So to get 90 you need 85/2 (42.5) + (x*2) being character level. so 90-42.5 = 47.5, 47.5*2 = 95 so a lvl 95 for anything dropped in lvl 85 area not dropped by boss or boss pack.

in Lvl 85 areas
monster = iLvl 85
Boss = iLvl **
boss pack = iLvl87 (I think, don't remember now)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
skihard said:
If the iLvl goes down the cLvl has to go up. iLvL for any 85 area drop = 85 minimum. So to get 90 you need 85/2 (42.5) + (x*2) being character level. so 90-42.5 = 47.5, 47.5*2 = 95 so a lvl 95 for anything dropped in lvl 85 area not dropped by boss or boss pack.
Don't forget to round down each divison. For Ilvl 85 amulets you'd need a Clvl 96 character for that amulet to have Ilvl 90 when crafting.

in Lvl 85 areas
monster = iLvl 85
Boss = iLvl **
Minions: Ilvl **
Champions: Ilvl 87
Rest is correct.

Neoblitz

Diabloii.Net Member
aw crap. ok so to sum it up, I need a lvl 96 guy with amulets found in the pits or ws2 etc. to get +2 charac ammies? This blows, I hate leveling past 90. I've been at it all day and I've only got half way to 90. What about gambling ilvls?

markDweasel

Diabloii.Net Member
skihard said:
to get all mods possible you need a lvl 92 character and items dropped from a boss in level 85 areas or lvl **+ items.

but to simplify, take the number next to the Mod you desire on AS and you have to example +2 skills (90) on amulet. you need to take cLvl 92/2 (46) +iLvl **/2 (44) = 46+44 = 90 the level of the mod you want.

in Lvl 85 areas
monster = iLvl 85
Boss = iLvl **

What about gambling. the ilvl is +/- 5 your char level. So you can get ilvl95 amulet to craft with.

To answer IN_FLAMES 's post. Caster Amulet recipe is "Magic Amulet + ral + perf amethyst + Jewel).

Mark

skihard

Banned
you could also run baal and hope he drops an amulet ilvl 99 or Diablo ilvl 94

Baal ammy requires cLvl 82
Diablo ammy requires cLvl 86

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
markDweasel said:
What about gambling. the ilvl is +/- 5 your char level. So you can get ilvl95 amulet to craft with.
-5 to +4 in fact.

For a gambled amulet to be able to get +2 skills when crafting you need to gamble and craft it with a character with a Clvl of 93 or higher.

Neoblitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm. wait but what if you get the -5 when gambling and lvl 93? Wont you have an amulet with i lvl **? Then u cant get +2 skills?

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
The gambled amulet can't have +2 skills(With Ilvl ** and 89), but the craft can:
int(.5 * **) + int(.5 * 93) = 44 + 46 = 90