Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting questions

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Rekk_Dalton, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Rekk_Dalton

Rekk_Dalton IncGamers Member

Crafting questions

Ok, i'm looking to craft these items
    Blood ring
    Caster amulet
    Hitpower Gloves
    Safety amulet (cause thuls and pemeralds are cheap as dirt)

I will only be using base items from the Ancient Tunnels to craft with so IIRC (and please correct me if i'm wrong) they will have an area level and ilvl of 99.

If i am only using ilvl 99 items to craft with, what level does my crafter need to be to get the best mods on each? e.g. +2 skills on ammy, 11 life leach on ring etc...

TIA
    *azmar
    *cygni

2. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

at lvl 99 you can use items with an ilvl of 82 or higheer the get the +2skill on crafted ammys. if you do not have lvl 99 guy like most on ladder, use lvl 95 and gamble for the items you want to craft, the other items like gloves you dont need to be as high a lvl to get the best mods. maybe some one can post you a link for the crafting info, the one i no about is in the sticky, in the general strategy forum

3. Rekk_Dalton

So if i am using ilvl 99 items i only need to be level 82?

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I don't know where you got the idea that Ancient Tunnels items are ilvl 99. They are ilvl 85 if a regular monster drops them, or ** if a boss or minion drops them. Only Baal drops ilvl 99 items.

+2 skills requires alvl 90 which means ilvl 90 on amulets. To craft an ilvl 85 amulet into an ilvl 90 one, you need to be clvl 96 or higher. To craft an ilvl ** amulet into an ilvl 90 one, you need to be ilvl 92 or higher.

Life leech on a ring is no problem, you could use a clvl 1 char and still get that. You just need to be extremely lucky to get 11% (maxing two separate mods - you need 4 from the 1-4 preset Blood life leech and 7 from the 4-7 random lifeleech mod).

The gloves it is too hard to answer. It matters which kind of gloves you use, and what you consider to be good mods.

Hey, that was my 1000th post :)

5. Rekk_Dalton

For rings im looking for high dual leach, resistances, stats, life and mana
    For amulets i'm looking for +skills and the same for rings
    For gloves i'm looking for +2 skill tree, 20 ias, resistances, stats, dual leach

What level should i be for each?

Also i'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but i need to be level 94 to guarantee the amulets are high enough level to craft with when i gamble?

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Level 93 is good enough to gamble +2 skill craftable amulets.
    Worst case when you gamble is that the item is 5 levels below your clvl, so ** in this case. A clvl 93 char crafting an ilvl ** item will result in an ilvl 90 amulet, which is good enough for +2 skills.

Life leech on rings is easy but mana leech (newly added in 1.10) needs a high level. The best - 6% - need alvl 86, though you can get 5% at alvl 58. You'd need to be level ** to get the first out of an Ancient Tunnels ring, but you can get the second with almost any char (level 32+).

Resist all rings is alvl 56 which again is no problem for almost any char (level 28+). Life and Mana also easy. Stats... the best Dex and Eng are easy too, but they added a new +Str mod (+16-20) for rare/crafted rings and that is alvl 74 - which needs clvl 64 to get on a crafted ring from the AT.

Same more or less applies for amulets. Apart from +2 skills, the highest mods are the top +Str (alvl 71 = clvl 58) and the big leeches, 6% ll and 8% ml which need clvl 86 and 72 respectively.

+3 skill tree on gloves is alvl 60, +2 is alvl 40. With gloves you have to take into account the kind of gloves you use - medium level gloves are harder to get the high level mods on (although low-level and very high-level gloves are not). There's too much to this to explain it all, I'd need a more specific example. Assuming you are going to use Vambraces (the elite Hit Power gloves), you will need ilvl 70 to get +2 skill tree and ilvl 80 to get +3. If you get the Vambraces in the Ancient Tunnels, you need to be clvl 56 to get +2, and 76 to get +3.

IAS on gloves is alvl 43 which means ilvl 71 for Vambraces which means clvl 58 to craft Vambraces from the AT. The top Str and Dex mods on gloves are alvl 59 and 56, which would need ilvl 79 and 78 on Vambraces, which need clvl 74 and 72 to craft. All the other mods you asked for are much lower.

Of course the hard part is actually getting them, not just being able to get them. Good luck.

7. Rekk_Dalton

crafting stuff is dirt cheap on whcl, i cant sell it for anything and have been accumulating it for low items for quite some time. I have a large stash i ened to craft but need a char high enough to craft it

8. Toubo(Pg)

Toubo(Pg) IncGamers Member

one important question. when u gamble for item u get an i level of ur ur char lvl -5 to ur char lvl +4 right.
    but when you BUY items from or good friends in act5 (far easier to get elite than betting, or even maybe running pit or AT) how is the ilvl generated, depending ur char lvl (i think so) ? etc.
    would like to know the answer, it is gonna help me much :)

9. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Except for Normal difficulty, anything you buy from a vendor will be ilvl = clvl + 5.
    I am not sure if that is capped at 99 in game, but it doesn't matter all that much.
    So if you want to buy crafting materials and then craft, you will usually end up with a crafted item of clvl + 2 (because it is a rounded down average kind of thing).

10. Rekk_Dalton

if you sell something to a vendor and then buy it back does it reset the item level (aka can i make amulets = my lvl +5?)

11. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Sorry (good idea though ;) )
    ilvl is an intrinsic part of the item, just like its mods or what graphic it uses. ilvl only changes when an item is "re-rolled", eg some cube recipes or crafting or imbuing, etc.