Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Questions!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Denzik, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Crafting Questions!

I'm new to the world of crafting, but i'm exceptionally interested in trying to make myself a good pair of gloves for my Javazon... Here's the kicker... How?

I have no idea where to start. I'm trying to find some sort of way to get + to skills on there, something like +1 or +2 to javy + spear skills/passive+magic, How would i go about doing something like this?

I'm pretty low on funds, so i don't want to just go out there and mess around 20 times until something decent shows up. If anyone has a clue on how do to this, or point me in the right direction to a crafting guide that'd be great!

Thanks for any help

2. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

The problem is, all mods are randomly generated (beyond the set mods that come with a crafting recipe). All you can do is keep creating crafted gloves and hope they get the mods that you want.

The most popular are Blood Gloves and Hit Power Gloves. Blood gloves can have dual leech, and always have life and CB, Hit Power has Knockback, which is great for a bowazon and helps a bit with LF Javazons.

Blood Gloves: Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel + Nef Rune + Heavy Gloves (or the exceptional/elite version of Heavy Gloves)

Hit Power Gloves: Perfect Sapphire + Any Jewel + Ort Rune + Chain Gloves (or excep/elite version of chain gloves).

You're just going to have to keep crafting. Most of us who do so maybe find 1 decent craft out of every 10 we do. It's a thankless job.

Also, keep in mind the level of the mod you want. In crafting, the ilvl of the item is the average of your characters level and the item's level. The ilvl of the Amazon mods you listed above is 40, so to be sure you're at the right level, be at level 42 and then gamble for the gloves. That will guarantee you an ilvl of 40 (since gambled gloves can be up to 4 below your level).

3. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Hmm, ok, So What if my amazon is level 81... (I also have a level 85 or 86 Druid)... Must i be at level 42 or does me being higher affect that and lower my chances of getting +2 to javy and spear skills while on the blood gloves. I've heard having a higher level character is "supposedly" better for crafting.

If i just gamble we'll say for such a heavy gloves... and there comes up with some unknown mod, but NOT +2 to skills for an amazon... Is it still possible to get those +skills mods on the gloves after they've been cubed?

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

You can use high level characters to craft, but one problem is that they tend to have very high level requirements. If you're crafting them for this character, go ahead. if you're trying to help out a lower level character, I'd use a different character.

Also, once you've crafted your gloves, they stay that way. You can't re-roll mods on crafted gloves. You'll just have to make a new set.

One reason to use a level 42 character to get the mods you want is that a higher level character has a LOT of mods available to it. You'll have a better shot at your +skills with a character that's exactly the level you need. That way you won't roll those other skills. At high levels you get a lot of charge skills available (like charges of Muli Shot), and being low level lets you avoid that.

5. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help, is there any sort of website other than say "Arreat Summit" that you know of or a guide on crafting that you may have referenced?