Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by pncwd, Jun 2, 2005.

1. pncwd

pncwd Diabloii.Net Member

Crafting Question

Ok here we go again with those crafting questions,

How many prefixes and suffixes can you get when crafting belts and golves?
    I know the three standard
    but how many does it pick from the regular prefixes and suffixes.

Also what is the highest ilvl they need to be in order to get all the affixes, like for ammies they have to be ilvl 90 after the crafting, what about gloves and belts.

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut Diabloii.Net Member

It depends on the iLvl of the item. At level 71+ (anything you find in Hell) you are guaranteed four affixes (either suffix or prefix). Apparently it's possible to get 3 prefixes and 1 suffix or vice versa.

Not sure on what the highes iLvl necessary is to get all mods possible. I would check out the magic items/prefix-suffix section of Arreat Summit to figure that out. I think there is an Amazon guide for crafting gloves that will probably give you that info in their forum.

3. pncwd

I know that you can have up to 7 or 8 total affixes on ammies, but I am not sure about gloves and belts. I know that there are 3 set affixes that you will get on each one reguardless if you dont get any others. But that is where my question came in at.

4. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

That part in bold is incorrect. It is not the original item that has to be ilvl 71+ it is the outcome. So if you craft with your clvl1 1337mulez character, you'd NOT get four affixes.

For amulets, the alvl is easy to calculate, as it is equal to ilvl. This is not the case with belts and helms, so I'd try to summon RTB or Thrugg to answer that.

The mods you'd be looking for would be 24%FHR, 20+str, max life (belts) and then "visionary" and "mechanich's" for the helm.

5. pncwd

Well the max out put for a crafted ammy to get all possible affixes is ilvl 90. That formula is basically your clvl + the items input ilvl divided by 2 and rounded down to the next lvl. ie 92(clvl)+89(ilvl)/2=90(output ilvl)

Now that may not play a part in belts and gloves. But i am just looking for what the output ilvl would have to be to get the max possible affixes and how many is max over the 3 standard.

edit:
    Almost forgot
    NOW SUMONING THE GREAT RIPPERS OF THE PROGRAM WORLD
    THRUGG AND RTB ARE YOU THERE.

6. Thrugg

Thrugg Diabloii.Net Member

Once you go from the relatively simple qlvl 1 amulets to other craftables, it does get more complicated.

Most of the rules of crafting are exactly the same. You can get up to 4 random affixes in addition to the 3 or 4 preset ones; level 71 is the magical ilvl where you always get 4 (you still have a chance of 4 at all ilvls); and the ilvl of a crafted item is always [clvl/2] + [original ilvl/2].

To work out the available affixes for your craft, or (the reverse question) to work out what ilvl you need to aim for to get a particular affix, you need to know the ilvl/qlvl/alvl relationship.

Most of the time this is alvl = ilvl - [qlvl/2]. So say if you craft some Sharkskin Gloves (qlvl 39), the alvl of your item will be the crafted ilvl - 19.

There are exceptions though, at the high end and the low end. Obviously if your item is very low ilvl you don't end up with negative alvl. In fact it stops reducing when ilvl = qlvl. So, if you craft Sharkskin Gloves that come out as ilvl 25 (less than 39 which is the qlvl of SGs) the alvl will still be 20 (39 - 19). Even if you craft them to come out as ilvl 1 (possible, but a strange thing to do) they will also have alvl 20.

Similarly at the high end, the general ilvl-19 rule would mean you couldn't ever get the affixes above alvl 81. So it bends up at the top too. The rule changes at ilvl (99 - [qlvl/2]) which for our example is ilvl 80. At that point the alvl is 61 (80-19). The rule then changes to alvl = (2*ilvl) - 99 (you'll notice that gives the same alvl as the other formula at ilvl 80). So if you crafted Sharkskin Gloves with ilvl 90, they would have alvl 81.

In summary, for any item you want to know the possible mods on, you need to know its qlvl (which I will call Q here), and also half its qlvl (rounded down) (which I will call H here). For Sharkskin Gloves, Q=39 and H=19. Accurate qlvls can be found at http://www.d2data.net/item/baseitem.html - choose the item type you want.

If you have ilvl < Q, then you get alvl = Q-H.
    If you have Q < ilvl < 99-H, then you get alvl = ilvl-H.
    If you have ilvl > 99-H, then you get alvl = 2*ilvl-99.

If you want alvl < Q-H, then you need any ilvl up to Q.
    If you want Q-H < alvl < 99-Q, then you need ilvl = alvl+H.
    If you want alvl > 99-Q, then you need ilvl = [alvl+99]/2 (must be rounded up).

OK, so what do these alvls tell us? The game chooses random affixes out of all the affixes up to your item's alvl. Note it is "up to" and not "at". You can have an alvl 99 item and still get low level affixes. However, you must still have a high enough alvl to get the affix you want. A mostly accurate list of affixes can be found at http://www.d2data.net/item/affixes/ - scroll down to the bottom grouping - Affixes(except magic only) - and choose the item type you want.

Every possible affix is listed here, with both alvl and required level after it. The required level just tells you what level you need in game to wield it. It is not important for the actual crafting process. You want to look at the alvls.
    For example, if you want Bowyer's (+2 Bow and Xbow skills) on your gloves, it is alvl 40. Affixes often have different alvls on different item types, don't assume it will be the same on two totally different types of items (although it will be the same for all kinds of gloves).

So, to get +2 Bow on Sharkskin Gloves - alvl is 40, qlvl is 39. We look above and see that alvl is between Q-H (20) and 99-H (80) so we use the usual formula ilvl = alvl+H = 59. That means you need an ilvl of at least 59 on your crafted Sharkskin Gloves to get +2 Bow skills.

The last part of your question was what level they need to be to get all affixes. Well, for gloves, the highest alvl is actually very high - gloves of Freezing Arrow (zon skill charges) need alvl 94 which means ilvl 97 for all glove types (which means Baal gloves and a very high level char). Some of the other charged skills also have very high alvls.

However, the highest non-charged-skill affixes on gloves aren't nearly so high.
    of the Giant (+10-15 Str) is the highest, alvl 59, which for Sharkskin Gloves means ilvl 78, but it is different for each glove type.

For belts, of Atlas (+21-30 Str) is the highest, at alvl 71, which for example on a crafted Sharkskin Belt (qlvl 39) is high enough to get into the high-level category and use the ilvl = (alvl+99)/2 = 85 rule.

Hope this helps.

7. pncwd

Thank you for the detailed explaination, some of the info I already knew but just cant explain in the words you do. You could say I have learned 85-90% of what I know about how the game works programing wise from you already. Faithful follower (LOL).

With the gloves and belt if the same holds true formula wise, then my clvl 93 sorc should be able to gamble any gloves or belt that I want and get the affixes that I need when crafting, not looking for the charges. Also I will assume figuring the formulas correctly that any gloves or belts found in the pits of act 1 would also be high enough ilvl to get what I am looking for. (Blood recipes btw) The only exception to the pits is if I want to craft ammys or rings, then they would have to be gambled in order to get the max mana leech and the +2 skills

Again thank you Thrugg you come through again. Have any idea when they might update that d2data site. I have refered people to it before as well but they dont have the new runewords listed in there. Do you happen to know who runs it, maybe we could email them and help them out updating it or something.

8. Thrugg

Thrugg Diabloii.Net Member

d2data has not been updated since just after 1.10 came out as far as I know. There is no apparent contact for them. It is a shame, as the site is extremely reliable (as D2 sites go) except that it was written before we discovered about monster levels changing with area level, so all their monster information is invalid. Item info can generally be trusted though.

9. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

the link is my sig is the stickied crafted glove guide...if you have some time to kill or you just did not grasp what thrugg posted check it out, hopefully some more reading will make things a little clearer....you will find many questions and answers posted after my original draft that i hope to include in a final guide