Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FinMcCooL, Apr 11, 2005.

1. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

Crafting Question

Im in the process of building a PvP necro, and would like to try and craft him some FCR rings, amu, belt that kinda stuff, however due to the sudden and unforeseen death of my lvl 95 baba, the next highest character I have left is a lvl 89 ama. What I would like to know is, can a character of that lvl craft the finest amus and rings or do I have to lvl her some more.

Fin~

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

+2 skills amulets need an ilvl of 90. You can gamble for a +2 one in order to make sure that it's L90, but the level of crafted amulets if ilvl/2+clvl/2 with both parts rounded down. That means if your zon and the amulet are L90, so would be the crafted amulet.

3. FinMcCooL

FinMcCooL Banned

Thanks for that Kris, feared as much myself, oh well baal runs here I come.

Fin~

4. poisonxfree

poisonxfree IncGamers Member

Ok, so if I understand you right, I gamble an ammy [once im clvl 90] then I craft it and it'll give +skills? How should I craft it?

Is there any way to get +3skills?

Thanks

5. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

There is no way to craft +3 skills as those are magic only affixes and magic only affixes cannot spawn on crafts.

The ideal character level to gamble craftable amulets at is 93. This is because gambled items have an ilvl of -5/+4 of the gambling characters level and of the crafting formula which is ilvl of craft = (input ilvl/2) + (clvl/2). That formula has to equal 90 to get +2 skills and inside the brackets you must round down. So at worst case at clvl 93 gambling could resulet in an ilvl ** (93-5) amulet. Therefore, (**/2) + (93/2) = (44) + (46.5) = 44 + 46 = 90. Assuming you are crafting with the same character that is doing the gambling.

This is also a good thread about crafting +2 amulets: http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=335768

6. poisonxfree

7. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

That's up to you to decide which of the four amulet crafting recipes suits your needs best.

8. poisonxfree

Oh, ok. But basically if I do as you said before no matter which recipe I do it will spawn +2skills?

9. Lensor

Lensor Banned

It is possible that one of the affixes spawn as +2 skills, but that is in no way certain. You will probably have to craft alot of amus until you get one with +2 skills. There is a reason crafted amulets with +2 skills and good other mods are very expensive, you have to be very lucky indeed to craft one! Typically you would get amaskills on your caster amus or sorc skills on blood amus...

Just to get your expectations down abit, so that you may be pleasantly surpriced if you should get lucky and craft a godly amulet! :clap:

10. poisonxfree

Thanks much for this info, looks like I'll be trying to craft a caster ammy for my zon. Thankfully I have a lot of gold now I just need enough of the other stuff to craft with.

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

To be precise, it's like this:

If you have a L93+ character, any crafting try of a self-gambled amulet has a chance of being +2.

If you have a L90-92 character (the higher the level, the better), gamble for amulets until you get a magical one with +2 to skills of any single class.

If you don't have a L90+ character, there is no safe way to make sure that any crafted amulet has a chance to get +2 to skills if gambled by yourself.

If you don't have a L88+ character, you have no chance at all to craft amulets from those you gambled yourself.

There are no amulets at all which give +3 to all skills. Only two unique amulets give +2 to skills of any class: Mara's Kaleidoscope and Seraph's Hymn. Magical and rare ones might give +2 to skills for a particular class. Rare and crafted amulets can't have +3 to a single skill tree, but magical ones can.