Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting question.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Zangeif, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Crafting question.

I read the crafting recipes and it seems like a lot of fun to me. My question is which recipes can result in good items that I could trade or use, I can't really tell.

Also, I see that some people want to trade for mass amounts of perfect gems. Is this for crafting or can perfect gems be used for another purpose as well?

2. Thorales

Thorales IncGamers Member

The Blood Recipes are good for trade, IF you get a good one. Ring, and Ammy recipes are good. I usually find better rare ones though. And a Blood Zerker with good mods would be very valuable. Make sure your base item is from a high level area, and use a high level character. But find the balance between character level and item level, so that you don't end up with HIGh req items. The other crafted recipes can be good as well, to the right character. I think most crafted items are for YOUR use. But some have trade value.
    I only know of the 3 Perfect gem recipe. If there is another use for perfects, I dunno. 3 perfect gems and a magic item, transmuted in your cube= a new magic item of the same kind with new mods. Good luck, crafting is alot of fun.
    *edit* AND the crafting recipes to Upgrade Items......

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The combination high lvl item and high lvl character can always produce very high Clvl required items. There's no need to 'find a balance' to lower this chance, as it is impossible to avoid.

4. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

I thought the char level didn't matter. I muled a platemail to a 16th level char, who created a blood armor with level 37 req. I thought only the item lvl/ qlvl mattered.

5. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

My favorite use of perfect gems is to re-roll the stats on high item level charms (cube recipe: any 3 perfect gems+any charm=new stats on charm). I am currently re-rolling a small charm that was dropped by Baal in hell level. I am hoping to get resist-all and MF on one charm. I re-rolled one in version 1.09 that was 7%MF and 5 reisit all...here's to lightning striking twice!

6. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

It's half and half - the char lvl and the ilvl are averaged. FYI Purchased items are based off of the buyer's level and dropped items are based off of the area lvl or the monster lvl.

7. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

Interesting, interesting.

Now, I heard rumors that the Act also can influence the ilvl. If a 20th level char buys in Act5 will the item level be higher than if the same item is bought in Act4?

What about gambled items?

Thanks again.

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

the new uniques gutted the old blood glove and blood ring market, and caster belts too, imho. however, i'm sure you can sell:

caster amulets (+2 skills, 10+ fcr.)
    hitpower gloves (20 ias, +2 skills.)
    blood rings (dual leech)

i just rolled a really nice 20 ias/kb/+2 martial arts glove.

9. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

Blood Gloves are still the best for pallies that use melle.

6% LL, 20 ias, Resists, Crushing Blow

I craft:
    Blood Gloves
    Blood Rings
    Blood Ammies

Hitpower Gloves

Overall, blood rings/gloves can get you very very rich in one lucky roll. Back in 09 when shaftstops were ~2 sojs, some crafted rings would fetch over a few hundred sojs in bids on the MP. I think the most I ever figured a ring went for was like 1200 sojs back then, before dupes...

10. chinaman1472

chinaman1472 IncGamers Member

Caster Ammy: +2 Pally, 15%+ Fast Cast, Resist/Str/Dex
    Blood/Power Gloves: 20 Ias, +Str, +Dex
    Blood Rings: Dual Leech, Dual Stat, Resist

I saw godly gloves during this ladder season...
    20 Ias, +15 Dex, +15 Str, 8% LL, 10% CB, +18 Life

And it's very possible obtain a 510% ED Mace/Axe with the power/blood formulas. Whether it actually happens is another story, but the possiblity is there... (like. 1/10000000000000 chance)