Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting question for any crafting experts

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ArcTeryx, Feb 22, 2007.

1. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

Crafting question for any crafting experts

I'm currently trying to craft a faster cast amulet for my Bone necro. Since I have no experience with crafting, I decided to try to use the "Caster" recipe on a +2 PnB amulet I found. However, the amulet turned into a druid ammy wth some random attributes.

1.) When crafting, what kinds of (if any) attributes are kept from the original amulet onto the new one? Someone told me to try to craft magic amulets that already have fcr on them. Does this particular attribute carry over onto the crafted ammy?

2.) (Related to #1) Because the crafting recipe on allows for between 5 and 10% fcr to be on an amulet, how do some crafted amulets have between 16 and 20% fcr?

3.) To create a good caster amulet, are their certain magic ammys I should focus on cubing, or should I just go for bulk and go with whatever amulets I find? I'm using a lvl 92 character btw.

Thanks a lot for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss Diabloii.Net Member

1. Nothing carries over when you caft something. All mods are rerolled.

2. Because they can get a random mod of +10%FCR that gets added to the guaranteed mod of +5-10FCR.

3. Use amulets found in hell. Also, use the highest level character you have to do the crafting. ilvl of the item matters, as does the level of the character doing the crafting.

Here's a good link with more info:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml

Learn it! Know it! Live it!

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle Diabloii.Net Member

No affixes are kept.

Getting the 10% FCR affix as one of the 1-4 random affixes.

The resultant ilvl of the amulet is all that matters when crafting. The resultant ilvl is based on the original ilvl and the crafters clvl.

To be sure you have a CHANCE at the +2 skills affixes (I assume this is what you're aiming for), you can gamble an amulet with a level 93 character and then craft that amulet with the same character.

If you don't want to level your level 92 character again, You can use him as he is, but only 90% of the amulets you gamble and craft with will have a CHANCE of the +2 skills affix.

For the full crafting formula and everything you ever wanted to know about crafting amulets, poke around in the statistics forum a little bit. There's probably more information than you want over there.

EDIT: if you find an amulet from Hell Baal, Hell Nihlathak, or Hell Diablo, then you can craft it and possibly get +2 skills. Any other amulet that drops from any other monster in the game will have too low an ilvl for a clvl 92 character to craft it into a +2 skills amulet.

4. emar

emar Diabloii.Net Member

Carrying on with what thegiantturtle said. If you don't want to lvl again, but have a higher level friend (95+) you could ask him to purchase the ammys for you and you craft them or vice versa.

Example:
    L93 char gambles and crafts: Minimum ilvl=(93-5)/2 + 93/2 = 90 (what thegiantturtle said)

L92 char gambles and L95 char crafts: Minimum ilvl=(92-5)/2 + 95/2 = 90

L95 char gambles and L92 char crafts: Minimum ilvl=(95-5)/2 + 92/2 = 91​

5. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi Diabloii.Net Member

I have taken to grabbing magic amulets from Baal minions (mlvl **) and crafting with my lvl 92 char. This also gives you ilvl 90 amulets. The best part is that most people do not care about amulets from baal minions so I find a lot of these.

--T

6. thegiantturtle

doh. Also amulets from uniques and minions in level 85 areas would work. Silly me.

7. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi Diabloii.Net Member

Yup, but it's much easier to farm the amulets from Baal runs ;)

--T

8. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for all the informative replies. I have one more question though that is probably more of a personal preference. What is the most "profitable" stuff to try to craft, i.e., crafter amulets, power gloves, etc.? There's obviously some subjectivity in that, but I was curious as to what others thought. Thanks for the help.

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

While most crafted things (gloves/belts/amulets/etc.) can get pretty good, IMO, crafted caster amulets are the most popular. A +2 class/20FCr/stats one could go for insane amounts. Again, just my opinion.

10. FireMarshal

FireMarshal Diabloii.Net Member

crafted weapons have amazing potential as well too....

11. thegiantturtle

I second this. Also, if you know the right buyers, safety amulets can sell pretty well. There aren't nearly as many buyers for them, though.

12. peleluvs

peleluvs Diabloii.Net Member

if you are not yet 93 but save up gambled magic amulets with +2 to skills are they garunteed to be high enough to have best chance for +2 when crafted? I remember seeing something about this before and have been saving them up, but just wanted to double check.

13. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Actually now that u mentioned it i have always wondered why +2skill/10% increased chance block/10fcr/prismatic ammys are never seen/traded :p For an untwinked kicker assy i would have thought blood/safety Mirrored/Myrmidon Boots would be a good avenue too ^^

This is a good tactic but just make sure that when u do start to craft these +2 ammys make sure your character level is 90 cos IIRC the recipe takes 1/2 your clvl + 1/2 ammy ilvl to generate affixes, which in the case of the latter since it spawns +2 skill is a minimum of 90.

14. kingdryland

kingdryland Diabloii.Net Member

Caster amulets and blood gloves are the most commonly used craft recipes. I agree with what Evrae said and I will only add that a 20ias/10cb/1x dexterity/1xstrength/15-20 life/etc pair of gloves would worth a fortune as well. If it has something like +2 java then even better. Caster boots for the mana mods,blood belts for the open wounds,blood and safety amulets too, there are plenty of builds out there to take advantage of most crafting recipes

That said , crafting opens a whole new dimension of the game. For example I have been crafting blood armets for years in order to perfect my zealot.

15. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you are looking for a +3pnb/fcr amulet, rare ones have a maximum of +2 to skill trees. Instead of crafting, pick up magical amulets in nightmare act 2 (Far Oasis or later or Sewers) or gamble for them with a L50 character. That eliminates a lot of affixes you don't need. FCR itself has a lower affix level (IIRC it's 1, i.e. it can drop anywhere), so that's not an issue anyway.