Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting on Ladder

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheNewHammerInTown, May 16, 2005.

1. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown IncGamers Member

Crafting on Ladder

Hi,
    Just created my first ladder character. I have a few crafting questions to ask. I read about people upping HoZ's and I am wondering how it is done and what sort of results you can expect from upping it. Is it the Ko+Lem+P Diamond+Excep Item recipe? Also I have a guardian angel templar coat. What sort of results could I be likely to expect if I use this formula on it? Also does anyone have any hints on how to craft some decent amulets on ladder and non ladder.
    Cheers,
    Dave

2. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Yes, that is the recipe. For all cube recipes, check here:
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

HoZ is a Guilded Shield, and upping it will make it an elite shield--in this case a Zakarum Shield--with the same mods as HoZ. So the defense of the base item goes from 144-168 to 169-193, and you get a very nice boost in smite damage (you'd be better off asking someone who has one what their base smite damage is; I haven't personally played a smiter.) All other characteristics, such as chance to block, +skills, and resistances will be the same for the up'd and non-up'd HoZs. The strength requirement goes from a manageable 89 to a pretty hefty 142. That's pretty a pretty significant jump, but if you plan on using smite as a main skill, it goes from being decent to one of the best shields in the game. If not, it may not be worth it just for defense, especially since you take the chance of taking a 168 def Guilded and making it a 169 def Kurast.

The same holds true for Guardian Angel. Base defense goes from 252-274 on Templar to 421-503 Hellforge, and strength req goes from 118 to 196. When you add in the 180-200 defense bonus on GA and then the big boost you get from Holy Shield, this is a significant difference, but again it comes at a very high strength cost.

Hope this helps.

3. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown IncGamers Member

Thanks cotton, explains a lot :) The defense bonus to the templar coat makes that quite appealing. Could easily get a 500-600 defense bonus which with holy shield is quite a boost. The strength requirement is a lot higher but could lower that to 167 by socketing it and shoving a hel rune in there.

4. greatrambino1981

greatrambino1981 IncGamers Member

But don't upgrade ethereal stuff. I don't know if it applies to all items but I know HoZ will lose its bonus.