Crafting, Need to know ilvl generation.

TheRisingX

Diabloii.Net Member
Crafting, Need to know ilvl generation.

From the arreat summit I've learned the crafted item's lvl will be the 0.5 x ilvl of item + 0.5 x character level. Now I've been using my Sorc [Lvl 92] to craft caster amulets. The +2 Character Class skill mod exists on items lvl 90 and above, so this was my goal. I've been gambling for the amulets, and once again arreat summit says the ilvl of item gambled will be -5 to +4 of my Sorcs level. This means anything from -4 to +4 will be safe [ totals to ilvl of (0.5 x ** + 0.5 x 92) - (0.5 x 96 + 0.5 x 92) ] giving me a range of 90 - 92. However if I gamble an amulet of ilvl 87 (92 -5) then the resulting crafted ammy, from the formula, will turn out as 89.5.

The question is, does the game round up or round down? :(

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Ummm...

Rounds down. Note that it rounds down when it halves the values of the ilvl and the clvl, not the final value.
Last I checked the code technically rounds down at every stage, it just might not apply in the very last stage of this particular formula. It's probably a good idea to get in the habit of telling people that, since things like double-ethereal runewording becomes an issue (rounds down after the natural etherealness, then again after socketing etherealness, then finally with enhanced defense runewords).

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
I only made it specific to this example ie crafting not eth bugging Armors for rune insertion. I figured it wouldn't need to round down because both numbers are already integers.

Saint_Hanibal

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys! Guess I have ONE more level to go with my dear sorcy :)
I have a sorc lvl 91 , who just cannot stand baaling, i managed to craft +2 barb ammy with her simply by gambling a +2skills magical ammy. Of course if you have plenty of Rals (i am assuming you craft caster amulets) you need lots of cash to gamble lots of +2 amulets.

TheRisingX

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea, maybe it was just my luck but out of 20 Crafted ammys I only got 3 or 4 +2 skill ones. this was with gambled amulets with lvl 92 sorc.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Yea, maybe it was just my luck but out of 20 Crafted ammys I only got 3 or 4 +2 skill ones. this was with gambled amulets with lvl 92 sorc.
If you get to lvl 93 and start crafting more amulets the same way, you'll only see 10% more +2 amulets. A ilvl 90+ crafted amu does by no means guarantee +2skills will spawn, it just CAN spawn.

beuhey

Diabloii.Net Member
i have a question about the ilvl of items, well i want to know how can i find the ilvl when i gamble or find an amulet, does higher lvl requirment of an amulet means his ilvl is higher??? my barb is 93 and i got a sorc 95, which one is the best for crafting ??? thanks

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
@beuhey: The ilvl of an item gambled ranges from clvl-4 to clvl+5 iirc, but I might have gotten the 5 and 4 mixed up. Same with shopping. The ilvl of an item dropped depends on the monster and area and difficulty. Check a chart for details. I'd take the Sorceress, though I don't think it makes a difference.

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Class is irrelevent in item generation, only the CLvl/MLvl of the player/monster/etc. There are hardcoded maximums with vendors, so the CLvl+5 rule when shopping isn't the only limiter, but remember the rule is +/-4.5 when gambling and that Blizzard always rounds with a disadvantage to the player (i.e. trueFloor(functions) make it +4/-5).

ILvl of dropped items match precisely the MLvl of the dropper. Other than using programs considered cheats, you must check the level of the monster dropping the item to determine its level. ALvls, adjusted by colorname principles (+1 for minions, +2 for champs, +3 for uniques or something like that), or hardcoded for certain superuniques are the best/fastest process. If you simply pick an item up and identify it in town, forgetting who dropped it, good luck. Usually magical monarchs, for example, don't need certain ILvls, as their QLvl will give them any affix allowable, but if you're deadset on having certain ILvls, then you need to pay more attention.

With regards to crafting, characters of a certain level can be used to gamble and craft the same item, such as amulets. That's the entire point of getting a CLvl93 character (worst gamble would be ILvl88 amulet, which can't get +2 to Class Skills naturally, but the crafting formula adds half of it with half of your CLvl after rounding both down, so the result is an amulet gauranteed to be able to roll +2tCS - doesn't mean it'll get the prefix roll at all, though, just that it's available to be so).

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
ALvls, adjusted by colorname principles (+1 for minions, +2 for champs, +3 for uniques or something like that), or hardcoded for certain superuniques are the best/fastest process.
Minions of a superunique or unique monster also get +3 to their mlvl, along with the unique/superunique creature. All superunique creatures get +3 to their mlvl, regardless of whether they use their preset monstats.mlvl as a base or the area level. Act Bosses (and ubers) are the only ones that always use their preset monstats.mlvl with no additional bonus.

Note to the OP, alvl in the above paragraph refers to the area level, not the affix level of an item (which is used to determine what affixes are available to it). Area Level's only affect the monsters level on nightmare and hell difficulty, and only if that monster isn't flagged as a boss. Generally, I find it easier to keep "alvl" referring to affix level, and spelling out area level completely to avoid confusion :wink3:

Ax2Grind

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmmm, not that I like abbreviating everything, but would ELvl be better for arEa level? That would make ALvl, CLvl, ELvl, ILvl, MLvl and RLvl, I believe. If I didn't miss or duplicate any, that could separate the meanings permanantly.

TheRisingX

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, regarding +x per character level items such as enigma, does the game automatically round down as well? For example, 7.75 would be 7? or would it be 8?