Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Items

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by eA-Zaku, Mar 28, 2005.

1. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku Diabloii.Net Member

Crafting Items

I'm trying to craft an amulet to make up for my FCR breakpoints. I need 15% more, and was thinking that since the crafting page of battle.net/diablo2exp mentioned that you could get outstanding bonuses by stacking, would I be able to create a Caster amulet that had these stats?

+2 to assassin skills
    +5%-15% Faster Cast Rate

2. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba Diabloii.Net Member

The mods you stated can be "rolled" onto an ammy. It is quite rare to get +2 skills and 10% fcr....what is worse is that when you do make one, the level requirements will be at least level 89 or higher. I just the other day crafted an ammy with level 96 reqs. Every mod on it was terrible, so it became charsi food ;)

Good luck

J

3. Alywin

Alywin Diabloii.Net Member

According to my experience (I have crafted more than 60 or 100 caster amulets...), it is not difficult to get a +2 skills with 5% to 10% fcr, but much more difficult to have +2 skills with >10% fcr (i.e. you got the random mod of 10%fcr on top of the mandatory 5% to 10% fcr mod granted by the crafting formula). And when you need specific character skills (asn in your case) plus >10% fcr, good luck....

*Watching piles of RAL and perfect amthy burning.....*

4. eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku Diabloii.Net Member

Haha okay thanks guys. I've only managed to craft about 3-4, all of them had sucky mods :( 8% FCR +1 warcries yay!

Well now I know it's possible, but hearing this I'm gonna collect those 10% FCR rare rings and settle for a +2 sin/10% FCR rare ammy instead.

5. Uzziah

Uzziah Diabloii.Net Member

Your not going to like this but here are the percent chances for the crafted amulet you are looking for.

2.857142% to get the 10% FCR from of the apprentice suffix.
    1.025641% to get the +2 assassin skills prefix.

The chance to get both becomes staggering. I had to change to chance to get those two affixes on magical items in order to get you an idea of how hard it is to get, with a magical amulet of high level you get: 0.005538% chance to get such an amulet. Magnitude wise that % is accurate, as for actual % it could be off significantly; So I would say your chance to get such an item is in the 0.005% - 0.010% range.

I wish you good luck, focusing on getting the 15% or greater FCR is a much easier target to look for.

6. Nappy

Nappy Diabloii.Net Member

I heard from a friend to get 2+ skill it can be 86 to... Can someone gimma link to the site that they saw the ilvl 89 neede dfor getting 2+ skills? thanks.

7. BFD

BFD Diabloii.Net Member

Just for future reference try not to double post, it tends to be frowned upon here. I see you also asked this question as another thread.