Crafting Items Question

freezebomb

Diabloii.Net Member
Crafting Items Question

So I've been reading about crafting items, and the sources are indicating that when you craft an item, you get a couple fixed affixes as well as up to 4 random magical affixes. My question: can those affixes stack? For example, if I craft a pair of boots, could two of the affixes be speed (30% faster run/walk) and acceleration (40% faster run/walk) for a total of 70% faster run/walk? Or what if I crafted an amulet, could I get Arch-angels (+2 sorc skills) with volcanic (+3 fire skills)? It doesn't seem like that should be allowed, but I can't seem to find anything about it... thanks!
 

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Crafting Items Question

So I've been reading about crafting items, and the sources are indicating that when you craft an item, you get a couple fixed affixes as well as up to 4 random magical affixes. My question: can those affixes stack? For example, if I craft a pair of boots, could two of the affixes be speed (30% faster run/walk) and acceleration (40% faster run/walk) for a total of 70% faster run/walk? Or what if I crafted an amulet, could I get Arch-angels (+2 sorc skills) with volcanic (+3 fire skills)? It doesn't seem like that should be allowed, but I can't seem to find anything about it... thanks!
Same tree affixes can only spawn once on a rare/crafted item. Otherwise there would be Cruel/Master's/Ferocious weapons (with any luck one of which would find it's way into my wolfen paws!).



 

SnickerSnack

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Crafting Items Question

This is the trade forum; the Statistics forum is the place for questions about crafting.

The fixed mods on crafted items are just that, fixed. There is a list on the Arreat Summit of crafted item properties. There is no crafted item that has +skills as a fixed mod. Also no crafted item with +30% frw.

Look at the bottom of this page: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/crafteditems.shtml

Blood gloves get a small amount of life leech automatically. It is possible to also get a life leech affix resulting in a high amount of life leech. The highest amount of life leech possible on gloves will be 8%, the craft mod is 1-3% and the affix is 2-5%.
 

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Crafting Items Question

Rares and crafted items affixes are grouped by the similar property. For example all skill-adding prefixes (like angels, arch-angels etc.) are in the same group, so you can't have prefix adding +1 (angels) and +2 (arch-angels) sorc skills. +all skills prefix is also in the same group.

Cruel and Masters prefixes are in the different groups, so they could be on the same weapon.

Fixed properties on crafted items doesn't prevent adding any prefiix or suffix, so you can have +60% damage from crafted weapon and +300% damage from cruel prefix.

Prefixes and suffixes have different groups, so you can have vermillion jewel of Carnage (both adding max damage up to +30 max damage) on blue jewel or Carmine + Wrath prefix and suffix on rare jewel (up to +18 max damage)

affix calculator with defined groups: http://diablo2.ingame.de/spiel/expansion/itemdb/affix_index.php?lang=en&version=lod&patch=111
 
Top