crafting items question

prejerism

Banned
crafting items question

1. i made a level 1 character called pre crafter. and when ever i craft with him i get sucky. ive never tryed to craft with my other chars. but would i get better with my level 91 pally. then my crafter?

2.jewel ilvls effect?

3. i gamble all my ammys from hell. is that good and i use skillers to craft does that affect?
 

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
1. i made a level 1 character called pre crafter. and when ever i craft with him i get sucky. ive never tryed to craft with my other chars. but would i get better with my level 91 pally. then my crafter?
Yes. Crafting with a higher level character increases the chances of getting more affixes from the craft, and also enables the possibility of getting higher affixes. When determining the resulting ilvl of the crafted item, you can use the following equation:

ilvl = int(clvl/2) + int(ilvl/2)

The bolded ilvl in this case is that of the target item (eg gloves, amulet, etc). Once the ilvl is determined, the affix level is calculated as per normal.

The resulting ilvl of the craft is also used to determine the chance of getting additional affixes. If the ilvl is 71+, then you'll get 4 additional affixes along with the pre-set crafted ones. Otherwise, if it's 51+ then you have an 80% of getting 3 additional affixes, and a 20% chance of getting 4. Failing that, if it's 31+, then you have a 60% chance of getting 2 affixes, a 20% chance of getting 3 affixes and a 20% chance of getting 4. If the ilvl is less than 31, then you have a 40% chance of a single additional affix, and 20% chance for each of the 2, 3 and 4 affix counts.

So by crafting with a clvl 1 character you're effectively halving the ilvl of the result, which means a lower chance of getting 4 additional affixes, and lower possible affixes (no skillers, if it's an amulet, since they require an ilvl of 90).

2.jewel ilvls effect?
No. Only the character level and item level of the gloves/amulet/etc matters. The ilvl of the jewels do not matter.

3. i gamble all my ammys from hell. is that good and i use skillers to craft does that affect?
If you're aiming for skill amulets, then you'll want to have an amulet with a high ilvl. If you're gambling them, then it doesn't matter what difficulty you gamble them in. Instead, only the character level of the gambler is important. Gambled items (regardless of difficulty level) will have an ilvl of anywhere between clvl - 5 and clvl + 4. This is random. If you're gambling with a clvl 90 character, then the gambled items will have an ilvl of anywhere between 85 and 94, though there's no way for you to actually know this.

In order to get +2 to skills on an amulet, it'll need to have an ilvl of at least 90. This also holds true after the craft. Therefore, you'll need to gamble and craft with a high level character in order to maintain this chance. If the gambled amulet is already a skiller, then you know that it's ilvl is already at least 90. If you then craft with an clvl 90 character, you'll always ensure that the resulting crafted amulet would have at least an ilvl of 90 and therefore have access to +2 to a class skills.



 
Top