Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Help

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Tib, May 14, 2005.

1. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Crafting Help

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there's a Crafting FAQ or something that I can read for crafting ideas, instructions, etc...

2. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

With some recipe you cah also craft thunder mauls and legendary mallets. a 510%ED 40% IAS 2socket -30% req 9% mana leech one IS possible, and would be sort of sexy :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

4. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Herein lies my discrepency dilemma. I've heard this with a lvl 96 stated person. Who's right? Or do you need the 96 to gamble an item with a high enough Ilvl to do what you need it to? (2 to skills)

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Try here
    This question is repeated over and over again.
    You may also try here and here.

6. Tib

Tib IncGamers Member

Woah! Mucho helpful! Now, where is it that I can get an ammy at ilvl 90? Can i find one in hell cow or hell baal runs?

7. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

The ilvl 90 amulets comes only from gambling or crafting. What you need is an amulet that will give a output of 90 or greater when used to craft. ilvl 90+ amulets come from Hell Baal (99), Hell Diablo (94) and Hell Nihlathak(95). You may also gamble ilvl 90+ items from clvl 86 and up, but you can't be sure you have a ilvl of 90+ until clvl 95. Check the tables in the other threads to find chanses and output ilvls at different clvls. I recommend being clvl 92, you'd have a 90% chanse of high enough ilvl when using gambled amulets, and 100% chanse when using amulets from bosses in lvl85areas.

8. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

I was wondering too how do u really know that gambled amulets in hell are item level 95? Lets say u are gambling at Gheeds Act 1. The highest amulet i've got from needed level 73 to wear. But lev 73 aint level 90+? Right?

So i f i gamble at gheeds does that mean that lower amulets (level that u need them to wear) can actually be an amulets that is level 90+?

Of course baal, diablo and nihtalak will have a level of 90+ without a doubt!

/Dec

9. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

To make it short :

The fastest way to get amulets that can possibly spawn a +2 Skills when you craft them, is to gamble with a character level 93 (or above). if you don't have one, spend some hours Baalrunning and you're set :lol: !

This way, you're 100% sure your gambled amulet will be at least iLvl = 90.

For the details, in the worst case, the gambled amulet will be iLvl = 93-5 = ** and the crafted result would be E(**/2)+E(93/2) = 44+46 = 90. Just what we need :lol: !

Hope it's clearer now,
    - Frosty

10. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Ok so u need 1 char that is at least level 93 to gamble amulets!
    Does that mean that ANY amulet gambled with that char yields an amulet that is ilvl 90? Just to know cause i always try to get amulets for crafting that require level 67+ to wear!

/Dec

11. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I think you may have confused ilvl with rlvl.
    To clearify:
    ilvl = item level. When gambling, this is clvl (-5 to +4) randomly. When dropped, it's = monster level.
    clvl = character level. Should be self-explainatory.
    rlvl = requirement level = the minimum required level a character or merc needs to be to wear an item.
    alvl = affix level. For amulets, alvl = ilvl, but for other items, it is not. Espechially circlets are exepions.
    qlvl = quality level. Minimum required level for monster to drop an item (uniques, sets)
    mlvl = monster level. In NM and hell this is area lvl, area lvl+2 for champions, and area level +3 for random uniques. Superuniques and act bosses have their own independant mlvl.

A "amulet of light" has no rlvl. However, if hell diablo was the monster who dropped it, it is ilvl 94 because hell diablo is mlvl 94. clvl, rlvl and area lvl has nothing to do with this, just his mlvl.

If a lvl 86 character uses a lvl 94 amulet to craft, the result is ilvl 90 (high enough to spawn +2 skills, but affixes are random, so you still have to have some luck). This amulet will have a rlvl of highest affix rlvl + 22. This means you could get a rlvl of 95 if you are lucky/unlucky and spawn "of the lamprey" (rlvl 73 on amulets).

A "Arachnid's Mesh" Spiderweb sash is qlvl 87, rlvl 80. This means a monster need to be mlvl 87 or greater to drop it (which means no normal monster could drop it, thus it is very rare).

Oh, and to answer your question: to be completely sure you gamble amulets that are ilvl 90+ you need to be clvl 95 when gambling. However, clvl 93 is good enough if you craft the amulet afterwards, as you'd get (worst case) **/2 + 93/2 = 44+46=90 (note how fractions always rounds down).

12. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

I indeed forgot to mention that in this case, you'll have to craft with your cLvl 93 character to have 100% chance of *possibly* getting a +2 to all skills amulet :uhhuh:.

13. ebyworx

ebyworx IncGamers Member

I have crafted +2 sorc skill ammys with a lvl 92 char that had gambled for an ammy. we can't both be right on this, and I want to know if it was just a glitch or if it happens regularly

14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

No glitch. A clvl 92 character has 90% chanse of getting ilvl 90 or better from crafting a gambled amulet. For a clvl ** this chanse is 10%, then 20% for a clvl 89, then 50% for a clvl 90, 60% for a lcvl 91, 90% for a lcvl 92 and finally 100% for a clvl 93 char.

Edit: Sorry, Pherdnut, beat you to it :lol:
    Oh, for the MCXXVII time, gambling is -5 to +4, the Arreat summit is lying (again) :rant:

15. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

With a lvl 92 character it's possible to have gambled an amulet that is one lvl too low to get the +2 all mod. Every time you gamble there is a roll of something like -4 to +5 to your level to determine what the ilvl of the gambled item is. I think that's why it's possible to see nicer items while gambling than the ones that appear in shops when you are first starting the game (i.e. ring mail when the best they're selling seems to be studded leather). Getting to level 93 guarantees you can't get an item too low for the +2 mod. At 92 you are very likely to get an item that can get +2 but there is that 1/10 chance that you won't.

16. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Dec - This is hard too see! this means that every amulet gambled at gheeds may have an item level of 89 or 98 (my char level is 94). Right???

Dec - Obvious!

Dec - Obvious

Dec - Obvious!

Dec - This is obvious too!

Dec - Yes affixes screw up the roll! Noted that on amulets that have bone spirit charges on them!

Dec - I understand! This means that having a 95 lev char EVeRY gambled amulet att gheeds (or anywhere else in hell) will have at least an item level of 90 and can have max item level 99. So gambling with a char that is level 95 and craft with a char that is lev 93 is best then? Did i understand this right?

BTW +2 to all skills amu (crafted) have a lev requirement of 89 to wear it! If i remember corectly!

/Dec

P.S U arent swedish by any chance? The name reveals u... :D

17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Some affixes do. However, bone spirit charges will have a lower rlvl for a necromancer, since it is one of his skills.
    Yes, that's right... except for the hell part. Gamble anywhere you like.
    Yes.. this is because of the +22 on crafted items with ilvl 70+ (or was it 75+??). Other affixes can still push it as high as 95 (life leech) or 94 (bone spirit charges, necromancers will still be 89 tho).
    Close. I am born, raised and living in Tromsø, Norway.

That should clear it up!!