Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Crafting Blood Rings

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Webhead, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Webhead

Webhead IncGamers Member

Crafting Blood Rings

I am totally new to crafting, and I want to craft a blood ring and a blood amulet. I am in Nightmare level, Act II with a level 39 Pally Avenger. My questions are: 1) How do I know what the Ilevel of magic rings and amulets are? How can I maximize the Ilevel where I am right now? Will Gambling with Elzix yield a high Ilevel ring and amulet to get good (not great) mods? I know that I really need a Level 90 (or higher) creature to get the possibility of a +2 skills mod, so I don't expect that. I want a really good LL ring (up to +12%) and a really good Dual leach amulet. Can I do that at this level?

Thanks.

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

If you don´t think it´s cheating, you can check the item level with ATMA.

If you don´t want to do that, you have:

* Gambling: item level will vary between 35-44 at this stage.
    * Monster drops: many early act 2 monsters (Burning Dead, Huntress, Sand Raider, Scarab) are level 43, and so will jewelry dropped by them be. If you are later in the act, they will be higher, of course.

Assuming an item level 43 amulet/ring, you can at this stage get:

Blood ring: at most 6% life steal
    Blood Amulet: at most 7% life steal and 4% mana steal. Very unlikely, since you need to roll both leech suffixes. 4% life steal and 4% mana steal is more reasonable.

Rings can actually also get (up to 3%) mana steal.

3. Webhead

Webhead IncGamers Member

Thank you VERY much. That tells me what I needed to know! I still think that I could benefit from a good ring or amulet at that level to allow me to survive through Nightmare level until I can get some act bosses or superuniques to cough up unique items or runes to make some rune words.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Are you playing solo/open b.net/closed b.net ? NL/Ladder ? Europe/USEast/USWest ?

It seems that you need some helping gear, that I may provide for free if you're playing in the same realm/category than me :p !

5. Webhead

Webhead IncGamers Member

Frosty_the_Snowman - Thanks, but I have been playing SP since getting PKed so much on realms. I lost my taste for people going hostile in what I thought were friendly games, so I am just trying to survive "solo". Thanks though. It was very nice of you to offer!

6. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

Hey Webhead, you might want to check out the single player forum. There are several giveaways going on right now, and regular mp games and tournaments. Plus, you get to associate with some pretty cool folks. If you want, tomorrow afternoon/evening I can dig through my stash and send you some stuff. I'm not rich, but I'm sure I can find something nice for your level.

mv